Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone know how to put down the rear seats in and Audi A4

Options
  • 24-08-2007 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Just got an audi a4 estate 2003, don't have any manual with the car, Can anyone tell me how to put down the rear seats to make more boot space. They don't budge even when trying the levers on the sides.

if anyone has an links to audi a4 manuals that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is there a lock button on the rear of the seat that allows the levers on the side to release?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I think there is a slot at the top of the seat where the car key is inserted to release the locking mechanism to allow the seat to be folded (but I'm not sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I think there is a slot at the top of the seat where the car key is inserted to release the locking mechanism to allow the seat to be folded (but I'm not sure).

Yeah - this a feature on my Bora. I imagine Audi would have something similar. I know that on some saloon A4s the seats don't fold, but on an Avant they have to fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Thanks guys, got it and apprecitate it.

Also anyone know what the ESP button is for or stands for ?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

esp is electronic stability program. the button turns it off. don't press it!

It seldom comes on, but when it does the 'skiddy' symbol lights up on the instrument cluster. It basically brakes the correct wheels to keep you going in the direction you want if you lose control. It also lights up when the traction control comes on if you are spinning the wheels.

there are a few videos on youtube with examples of car behaviour with it on and off.

eg this one of an S8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Terrlock wrote:
    anyone know what the ESP button is for or stands for ?
    As copacetic says. Just to add that the ESP is 'active' each time the engine is started. The button is there to switch it off if you wish and a distinctive warning sign should illuminate to tell you that it has been turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Thanks very much for your help

Advertisement