Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about getting a proj... Any advice??

Options
  • 24-08-2007 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Getting my own "play" room in the new place..

Was gonna get a new 32" lcd but after looking at the room im stinking about getting a proj... Main uses will be for playing the 360 on n some hi-def movies.

Questions:
    1. What proj can u recommend?(budget of around €600, low i know but im looking a t a used one or one from the infocus ebay site)

2. The wall the proj would be projecting on is cream at the mo, What colour would be best.. I assume white or is there a better colour, or even paint u can use?? Id get a screen but its a rented house n don't really wanna have to plaster over the holes n that afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

I'm new to the projector scene myself but as far as paint is concerned this stuff seems to get pretty good reviews elsewhere though this guy seems to get excellent results from some 'Dulux Rich Matt, Brilliant White' paint. I'm probably going to try the latter in a few weeks myself though i'm sure others on here will have better advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Cheers for that... will go for the latter. At least when i move out i can just paint over it.

No for a projector..

Well, i got a Infocus N76.... Waiting to get home n set it up.

They're €1199 on the ebay uk/irl site, went onto infocus Italy where its €999... Sent them a message and they added Irl to the shipping destination.

One email, €200 saving... sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It'll be a hard task to get a decent HD projector for your budget. If you are buying second hand, you will also have to consider the possible need for replacement bulbs, which can be expensive!

Epson, Panasonic and Sanyo seem to be the most well thought of brands. I'veordered the Epson TW700 and I'll let you know my impressions when it arrives (hopefully tomorrow!)

Take it u didn't read my last post... I got a Infocus N76. Got it on ebay, 1yr warranty, new bulb etc. All as new(refurbished). Did a quick setup last night n its sweet...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

nice buy, i was trying to decide between the ax100(panasonic) and the in76, in the end i bought the panny, not much in it to be honest..

Advertisement