Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ComReg commissioner appointed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Mr Chisholm joins chairman Mike Byrne and commissioner John Doherty at ComReg at a time when the regulator has been given new and enhanced enforcement powers to support competition, a statement from the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources said.

Are they still going on about new powers?

We've yet to see Comreg use this powers as far as I know.

I hope it makes a difference but I expect even if this new guy has spirit and ambition to fix the mess, the existing guys will demotiviate him and crush that spirit soon enough.

It'll go something along the lines of, we need to take action against [insert BB provider here] and everyone else in Comreg saying, that's not how we do things around here.

Advertisement