Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marking schemes!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

But in Ireland you can do a phd straight after a degree. in the UK that is frowned upon, especially considering the situation regarding the masters in cambridge which is not actually a masters at all. Were you intending on heading to the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

dan719 wrote:
    But in Ireland you can do a phd straight after a degree. in the UK that is frowned upon, especially considering the situation regarding the masters in cambridge which is not actually a masters at all. Were you intending on heading to the UK?

Ok, i dont know an awful lot about this but surely it would be better to do a masters in the UK first and then come to ireland. And, if you wanted to do a phd then surely it would follow quicker from a Msci than a Bsci?

To answer your question, i dont think i would really be bothered going to the uk, but i just thought that id let some people know bout what other countries' universities do.

Advertisement