Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madrid

• 25-08-2007 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

Myself and three other almost university students are heading out on the 24th of September for three days. All male, all 18. Any suggestions for sites during the day, alcohol vending establishments at night? Any good tapas bars?

We're right on the Metro, so getting around won't really be a problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

obl wrote:
    Myself and three other almost university students are heading out on the 24th of September for three days. All male, all 18. Any suggestions for sites during the day, alcohol vending establishments at night? Any good tapas bars?

We're right on the Metro, so getting around won't really be a problem.

Reina sofia is good. It has all the dali paintings. The palace is cool aswell.

a day trip to segovia or toledo.

Ananda, is an open air nightclub beside atocha. Its like they're heuston station ans you can get a metro to it.

Madrid is deadly, The women are quality especially in the summer when they wear nothing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Cheers for that man. Sounds epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ita a class place, especially when the sun shines. Make sure you take the stadium trip of the Bernebeu, cheap and well worth the time. Retiro Park in the eveing is a great place to wind down and get shot of the previous nights hangover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

I'd like to revive this thread if its alright, some newer posts on Madrid but this seems more like my age group!
    Could possibly be going to Madrid at the end of the month with a few people from college, probably around 10-12 people all aged between 18-21, mostly girls with a few guys.
    Any specific monuments/walking tours to do or something like that during the day?
    Any pub crawls/clubs for the nights?
    If anyone has any experience in Madrid or any information, any help would be appreciated. Oh and if you could recommend a hostel for our group even better!
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

bump!

So I have everything booked, I'm staying near the Caixa Forum / Musea del Prado. Me and 11 other people from college.
    Any recommendations on the pub/nightlife scene?
    And any tourist attraction must-sees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 hrtfreeman

Do you like football-soccer? You must go to see Real Madrid stadium, Santiago Bernabeu,it's amazing!
    I'd like to share with you my blog about Real Madrid, I'm sure you'll like it and you can make your comments: http://www.real-madrid-blog.com/en/ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

This place is really good if you're in a group, it's a little out of the way mind but not too much
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187514-d697480-Reviews-Casa_Mingo-Madrid.html
    It's like a beer-hall except they do cider, roast chicken, manchego cheese, sausages, chips there's big long tables and usually a great atmosphere.

Advertisement