Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental References

Options
  • 25-08-2007 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

I'm going to be moving out of my current house soon enough and will be looking to share in another house. Just by glancing over daft.ie, there's a few ads that look for rental references.

I don't quite know what these are and just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the matter? I imagine it's like a recommendation from landlord saying this tenant paid his rent on time, was clean and quiet. Is it usual practice for the tenant to write it up and to get the landlord to (hopefully!) sign it?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

To be perfectly honest I never put much faith in those references. You could easily get your friends or parents to do one up for you and give their contact details.

If you need a reference I guess you could do one up and get your current landlord to sign it or ask him if he would be ok about people contacting him for a reference

Advertisement