Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slug Guns

Options
  • 25-08-2007 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭

Do Slug Guns with rifled barrels fall under law as shotguns or rifles?
    What about rifled barrels for Shotguns already licensed as such?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

don't think Gardai will licence rifled shotgun as you will/may want to fire slugs and they definately don't want them in circulation especially out of rifled barrels

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Not looking for a license for one, was just curious as it might present a case for licensing a rifle-musket as a shotgun and not a rifle :D .

kowloon wrote:
    Not looking for a license for one, was just curious as it might present a case for licensing a rifle-musket as a shotgun and not a rifle :D .

Do you really think these attempts to buck the system will work ? Ask Gardai, they will let you know as it's up to them if they'll issue a licence

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Don't get too upset there,
    Muskets would be licensed as shotguns if you wanted to fire them.
    I wanted to know if shotguns with rifled barrels were licensed as shotguns, if they were it would follow that a rifled musket could then be licensed as a shotgun like its smoothbore counterpart.
    So dont get your knickers in a twist.

kowloon wrote:
    Don't get too upset there,
    Muskets would be licensed as shotguns if you wanted to fire them.
    I wanted to know if shotguns with rifled barrels were licensed as shotguns, if they were it would follow that a rifled musket could then be licensed as a shotgun like its smoothbore counterpart.
    So dont get your knickers in a twist.

I'm not in the habit of repeating myself :D Ask Gardai as it's they who will decide if you get a licence and what one :D

As for me getting upset, don't flatter yourself;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement