Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Question

Options
  • 25-08-2007 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Easy question first !!. To replace a 10yo Triton electric shower that is really really noisy (sounds like bearings or something...but equivalent to a plane taking off in the house !!)...do I need a plumber or an electrician ???.

That same shower is in an en-suite in the second bedroom...which shares a wall with the main bedroom. The wall must be paper-thin...cos leaving aside the shower...you can hear everything that happens in the en-suite. And I mean everything. No need for further explanation. What are my options for some kind of soundproofing...or even sound-damping ??. I noticed in another thread about injecting some expandable foam. Might this be a viable option thus avoiding the construction/mess in the main bedroom of taking down a wall to re-plaster and fill ??.

Many thanks,
    K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

A plumber should be able to sort you out once the wiring is existing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Most new showers come with little rubber spacers ,that deaden the sound a little.

To be honest though ,T90's and Mira's are always noisy . Unless you've got it on a brick wall:(

I change them all the time (Plumber),the t90 has been upgraded in the last month to a slimmer unit.

Advertisement