Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken tv

Options
  • 25-08-2007 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi. i don't know if this is the right forum. Very basic question. i have a sony trinitron tv which I bought about 3 years ago which just stopped working with a pop when i was enjoying Ray Mears. I don't know anything about electronic things so my question is... should I have it repaired or is 3 years considered the life span of a tv these days and do i need to buy new one?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

Is there power still going to the led at the on off button?
    If it's still lighting, check to see if it flickers between green & red.
    Chances are that if it does it's the power supply inside the telly thats given up. Apparently it is a slight flaw in an otherwise good set.
    3 or 11 flickers of the green led signals that it is the power supply is causing the prob. Any good repair shop can do it for 150.
    Only reason i know this is that it happened to me a month ago. And thats what the repair agent asked & he diagnosed it on the spot.

Advertisement