Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista as Gaeilge?

• 25-08-2007 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

I've seen a load of links for "Windows as Gaeilge" but I can only find the XP version. Does anyone know if a Vista version is/will be available?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im pretty sure you can change vista to irish with no problems. go to control panel, and click on regional and language settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Aye. In CP-->Regional and Language Options, change from 'English (Ireland)' to 'Irish (Ireland)'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.microsoft.com/ireland/community/irish-vista.mspx

Don't forget that you can get openoffice and firefox in Irish too.
    There are also updates for newer versions of Microsoft Office

Remember that at present the localisations are only 80%-90%
    Once they reach 100% then you may not be able to get them free as with most other Interface Langauges you have to buy a new license as the Windows / Office license is per Langague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

I work for an Education body who use XP with the Irish language interface pack [LIP] but AFAIK Microsoft have not yet released an Irish LIP for Vista

It is quite difficult to navigate through the menus if you do not have some Irish, this makes support problematic, monolingual techies like me may have to uninstall the language pack to sort out a problem,

Advertisement