Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst big brother ever?

Options
  • 25-08-2007 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

So, what in your opinion was the worst (or least enjoyable) Big Brother to watch and why? :)

Worst BB ever? 34 votes

BB1 (First BB)
    0% 0 votes
    BB2
    2% 1 vote
    BB3
    0% 0 votes
    BB4
    2% 1 vote
    BB5
    50% 17 votes
    BB6
    11% 4 votes
    BB7
    14% 5 votes
    BB8 (This years)
    17% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

BB4 with Cameron, Ray Shea and a bunch of other boring sods. The only high light was Jon Tickle and thats saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

That was bad yes. But I really couldn't watch it the year that Anthony t****r won.

There was Kinga and her bottle, Makowsi and her 'I'm pregnant', the clearly gay cross dersser guy 'coming out' and various people getting it on. It smacked of utter desperation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

TheGooner wrote:
    BB3 with Cameron, Ray Shea and a bunch of other boring sods. The only high light was Jon Tickle and thats saying something.

Wasn't that BB4? I was thankfully away in Oz that year (we did however watch the Aussie one...great series) so I missed it but I heard it was piss-poor.

This year gets my vote though.

Chinafoot wrote:
    Wasn't that BB4? I was thankfully away in Oz that year (we did however watch the Aussie one...great series) so I missed it but I heard it was piss-poor.

This year gets my vote though.

Sorry yes your correct, BB3 was Jade and co.

kittex wrote:
    the clearly gay cross dersser guy 'coming out'

LOL Craig. I liked that year and the 'Antnee' unrequited love story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

TheGooner wrote:
    Sorry yes your correct, BB3 was Jade and co.

Yeah that was the last semi-good one. It all went downhill after that.

Be great if this was the last year...*wishful thinking*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

TheGooner wrote:
    LOL Craig. I liked that year and the 'Antnee' unrequited love story.

No I think it was Kemal. That year was good because it was controversial and exciting till the end. BB4 was pure rubbish, with boring people like Nush (what a fool). BB5 with Victor and Jason the "Jungle Cats" was brilliant. I loved those guys, fight night and all that. It marked the first,only and last time I have EVER voted to get somebody out, the sheer and pure hatred I felt for Michelle Bass was not of this world. I never thought myself capable of hating somebody I never met but there you go! Quite sad really! BB6 was good and I really liked that guy "Science!" That Makosi was one nasty, nasty girl though. This year has been an absolute shambles despite the fact it could have been great. From the word go I knew that putting all women in was a mistake and I never watched it until it was evened up. I mean, what did they expect to get out of it? Desperate lesbian "romps"? Then they fcuked up fake week, caused several housemates to just walk as they were so p1ssed off in the house and put 5 people into the house so late that it didn't make a difference that they were there or not. Add to that the happy family atmosphere of the house up to around a week ago and I have to agree with Billy Connolly's assertion of "People sitting in a house, watching people sitting in a house". BB is dead on its feet.

There seems to be a recurring theme of "hateable" women in BB over the years. I assure you I love women, its just BB usually puts in the lowest form of life that can be found among members of the fairer sex. This years fine examples are the twins and Charlie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mr.nice

BB7 was the worst. I just didn't warm to any of the housemates last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

forbesii wrote:
    No I think it was Kemal.
    Yup, Kemal.

Exciting? No way! Too full of desperate fakers, it was just a sickening watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

BB5 was probably the worst of all IMHO. None of the post-BB4 ones have been all that great however.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The year with the punk guy was pretty awful (6 or 7?). BB8's players are merely boring but I remember finding that particular years crop of players irritating enough to just blackball the show completely.

Actually I couldn't tell you who has won a BB since Nadia Nikabolokov won it so I guess I amen't really following it as much as I might have once been.

(Pigman II, I've removed a certain word from your post. It's an unacceptable word and you have been warned-Mod)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

kittex wrote:
    It smacked of utter desperation.

much like big brother in general tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Has to be BB4.. That was so boring..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Lynibeth wrote:
    Has to be BB4.. That was so boring..
    Agreed.

This year has been one of the best I've seen. Having said that I've missed big chunks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I actually don't think BB4 was *that* bad, it just had a lot to live up to post-BB3, so it was probably a bit of an unfair comparison. That said, they were collectively too nice for to it to be ultimately fascinating.

As for this years being anyway near the best - oh no, not by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would say BB4 too. It was just so boring. Most of them were too old and the guy that won - Cameron - was bereft of personality.

This year's has been very sh*t too. Without Charley and Chanelle it would have been the worst without a doubt.

My favourite ones were BB2, BB5 (loved the Jungle Cats) and last year's purely because of Russell Brand's Big Mouth brilliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

TheGooner wrote:
    BB4 with Cameron, Ray Shea and a bunch of other boring sods. The only high light was Jon Tickle and thats saying something.

Agreed!

This one got boring after Charely left.
    (Never thought I'd say that!:eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

while this year was pretty crap , last year was for me the worst , i watched very little of it , i couldnt stand having to listen to someone let out involuntrarry grunts and swears every 10 seconds , he only won because of his disability , i also hated that canadian gay guy
    the 1st 3 were pretty good and the one with victor who was a great housemate
    i think big brother 2 is over rated , its seen as being great due to the fact jade goodie was in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

After seeing who won it last night I would say that this BB was the worst one. I would not even watch his exit interview. Was hoping that the Twins or Liam would win.

Advertisement