Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QPR postpone fixture at Burnley

• 25-08-2007 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

QPR have postponed their match at Burnley and the Football League has urged fans not to travel to Turf Moor for the scheduled 1500 BST game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/6963546.stm

this is because a player was killed last night in a car crash.
    no details other than this.

could the mods please the title of the thread to detail the reason why it was postponed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

R.I.P. Ray

from QPR Site:

RAY JONES
    Posted on: Sat 25 Aug 2007

Queens Park Rangers Football Club is in mourning today following the tragic news that striker Ray Jones died in a motor accident in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The 18 year-old was involved in an accident in East Ham and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The collision occurred at approx 00:20am on Saturday August 25 in High Street, South East Ham, E6.

Everyone at Queens Park Rangers extends their deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Ray at this sad time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

nothing on SSN,pretty bad if true but surely QPR could face points deduction for this or am i being to cynical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

county wrote:
    nothing on SSN,pretty bad if true but surely QPR could face points deduction for this or am i being to cynical
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/6963546.stm

Nice reply. I think everbody at QPR, Burnley and The Championship are right now sitting down worrying about the level of punishment they might recieve. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

county wrote:

have a heart man for fcuks sake.cant believe u posted that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

county wrote:

Yes you are being horribly cynical!:(

How could they possibly face a points deduction? I`m sure it was the decision of everybody involved to postpone the game. Would you have them play it??:confused:

Its very sad anytime you hear anything like this happening.

wait a minute actually, what do you mean "nothing on SSN, prety bad if true?". As if just because its not reported on Sky Sports News it might not be true?! the mind boggles!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

RIP Ray. Will be very tough on the team, losing one of their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Being a fan of QPR because my dad played for them I wish to pass on my condolences to the Jones family. Bright prospect with some Premier League interest who will be missed by the QPR team and supporters.

Advertisement