Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital I/O on XFI Fatilty to Digital Coaxial

Options
  • 25-08-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a logitech 5.1 Speaker Set for my HTPC, TV, DVD Player etc

I go DVD to Speaker Amp by Optical
    I go TV to Speaker Amp by 2 RCA to 3.5mm Jack
    I go HTPC XFI Fatality to Speaker Amp by 3 x 3.5mm Jack to 3 x 3.5mm Jack (Front, Rear and Sub)

The problem is the TV in and HTPC in to the Speaker Amp require the same inputs so I have to swap depending on use.

I want to go from the Digital IO on the Soundcard to the Digital Coaxial on the Speaker Amp, so that I dont have to swap.

I know the fatality has the breakout box which enables one to do this easily, but as this is in a HTPC case I have not fitted it.

As I understand it because the Speaker Amp will be handling the audio encoding the propsed setup below using the Digital IO will work fine?

Current 5.1 Connection

1229779049_5e38d312ed_o.jpg

Proposed 5.1 Connection

1229779197_435728bba8_o.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

My brain freezes when it comes to audio setups so all you need is a digital coax connection from the X-Fi to the speakers without using the drive bay add-on is that correct ?

If so then I think this is all you need the Digital I/O module from Creative, there are probably third party cables out there as well that enable the same functionality (like the ones in your diagram), someone else may be able to fill you in on the details if they have already purchased such cables.

Advertisement