Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb ad on top right of screen

Options
  • 25-08-2007 1:09pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if anyone else is havin this prob. When i go to the drop down menu and the digiweb ad is showin, the ad suffers from "always on top" syndrome meaning i cant see all of the menu drop down options from Region to Sys.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Yes, i have the same thing. Tis quite annoying. happened to me a couple of months ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can't see the Digiweb ad, but I understand this is a long-running problem with flash ads. It's a CSS problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Same thing happened to me too. No biggie really just mildly irritating

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Get PeerGuardian 2, it does a good job of blocking most ads.

[edit]
    Scratch that, doesn't work with the Digiweb ad.
    However, I'm not having the problem you mention running IE 7, in that my drop down menu is on top of the Digiweb ad.
    Maybe it's a browser specific problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Had it on IE7 the first time a while back. Had it with Opera the other night.
    (no...not sechs!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, if it's a CSS issue, then it's likely that some browsers might get it right/wrong and it'll appear OK.

If the ad appears for me, I'll see if I can take a look but I wouldn't hold your breath :)

Advertisement