Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poppers

Options
  • 25-08-2007 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

I know you buy these in the pharmacy & I know roughly what they do but since when have they taken over from drink in nightclubs?! Was informed as such by my cousin & her friends lastnight & felt so so old... How dangerous are they?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I know you buy these in the pharmacy & I know roughly what they do but since when have they taken over from drink in nightclubs?! Was informed as such by my cousin & her friends lastnight & felt so so old... How dangerous are they?

Well you were VERY misinformed if you were told they have taken over from drink in nightclubs.
    Why not just google, instead of the Galway forum???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

haha, how old and misinformed are your cousin and her friends?

you buy them in sex shops, not pharmacies... google for amyl nitrite (sp!) if you want to find out exactly what poppers are....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Arent they what the poo pushers use..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Yes, I heard it numbs the skin thats why they use it... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

afaik it's what the Goatse dude used

*shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

inhale for 30 second giggle for a 2 minute headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

opens your asshole innit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

God I don't know what to say?! I asked a simple question & look what happens...apologies for posting in the wrong section. Uninformed I may be but I'm trying to learn! Taking over from drink in the sense that they don't drink when they do it...I dunno, I'm even more confused now! Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks, I'm beginning to understand why they are popular, in fairness no hangover. Sound a bit dodge though. God sometimes I'm glad I'm pregnant & sensible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

DRakE wrote:
    opens your asshole innit

Bam!
    JohnClearly might be more informative on the issue

Thanks, I'm beginning to understand why they are popular, in fairness no hangover. Sound a bit dodge though. God sometimes I'm glad I'm pregnant & sensible!
    erm... the high only lasts about 30 seconds as has already said. they're a good laugh, but something that you'd only really take when you're coming up on other substances, not as an alternative to drinking.
    no offence, but your cousin is an idiot.

Thank you for calling my cousin an idiot, how very mature. She's only a kid after all but sure no doubt you know her better than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

You will be surprised by the amount of non-gay people who use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

yes, but still only a tiny fraction of people use them, it's not as if they have replaced drinking or for that matter i cant see that happening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's like sniffin' 50 magic markers at once.

A chemist friend says one night of poppers is similar to at least a week of daily heavy whiskey drinking, in terms of killing the brain cells.

I think it is a popular drug for sex in general, as it intensifies orgasm.
    It is huge in gay culture, but so is Barbara Streisand.

Thank you for calling my cousin an idiot, how very mature. She's only a kid after all but sure no doubt you know her better than me.
    Fair enough, I was a little harsh...

Your cousin is grossly misinformed, and a fool for choosing to actually believe it.
    better?

Caliden wrote:
    Bam!
    JohnClearly might be more informative on the issue
    ahahaha braaaap

haha emo rage some more please

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

anything that relaxs the sphincter muscle in my ass id prefer ta steer clear off,rank...:p :p got a major headache after i did it,never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Used them with hash and lots of beer one night and got a hallucination of a pinball machine. Damn thing kept playing all night with a big flashing light at the top right hand corner. Ended up puking and it finally stopped. Mate saw a ghost walk through the wall though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

inisboffin wrote:
    It's like sniffin' 50 magic markers at once.

A chemist friend says one night of poppers is similar to at least a week of daily heavy whiskey drinking, in terms of killing the brain cells.

I think it is a popular drug for sex in general, as it intensifies orgasm.

Correct on all points. :)

I also know a couple of body builders who use it too (not that I think it has anything to do with the weight training)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

I lived in Dublin for the summer and my boss was gay. I ditn't know what they were until I heard them joking about them, felt so naive....
    Apparently they're used by gay men to relax the anal muscles in order for gay men to have sex... I was horrified at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

..yeah, that but mainly for intensifying orgasm (so I am told by 'the gays').:p
    You don't want things too relaxed do you:rolleyes:
    There, I couldn't leave it alone, could I?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

Ahhhh poppers, haven't used them in a long long while and doubt I will again, unless they are offered. Like everyone else said gives you a head rush for 30 seconds then a headache for a minute. Still though good craic. And they don't cause you too see things. Me and a mate went in to the sex shop to buy some one day and after we left we realized what it much have looked like. Two guys buying poppers.... :o

My friend was living with this girl who had a gay friend and one night him and his boyfriend slept in the sittingroom after a party. When he came downstairs the next morning they were gone, but had left an empty bottle of poppers.

The sat on the floor for a week

Advertisement