Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant get internet to work anymore

Options
  • 25-08-2007 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

hi, I got digiweb broadband installed a few weeks ago, have two laptops at home and I could use the net on one of the laptops,
    I connected to the net using the other laptop but then when I wanted to use broadband on the original laptop it just won't connect anymore. it says limited or no signal, would anyone know what I can do to get a connection back. thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Could be firewall, incorrect wireless security key (if one's being used), or something (virus or possibly something apparently benign) has damaged your networking software on the PC (unlikely, but possible).

Of course, I'm making a lot of presumptions here, like you having a Windows-based wireless laptop, firewall software and a secured router.

You're best bet is probably to call your ISP tech support to go through the full gamut of options with you, unless someone here has a handy link to basic connection troubleshooting.

If you include some more technical information, such as the make of laptop, the operating system you're using, whether you're connecting using wireless, ethernet or usb, whether your laptop has built in wireless or you're using an external card, is that card plugged into the PCMCIA slot or USB port that would be a starting point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

I got that a lot too(im with digiweb too) its fine now though, give tech support a call on 1890 940 405 and they should be able to sort you out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

am not using a wireless connection, have tried changing/ turning off the firewall. make of laptop is HP (but have being using internet on it for two years) the problem seems to be with renewing IP address. when I copy IP subnet and gateway from this laptop(dell) and put it into other(HP) the connection is available but is only sending small amount of bytes and receiving none.
    Have checked all internet and connection settings and can see no reason why it won't work.

PS thanks darragh k for your reply, might give them a call so

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Which sort of Digiweb?
    If it is Wireless, Satellite or Metro you need an ethernet WAN router to be able to use more than one computer. If you simply connect an ADSL router as WiFi or an ordinary Hub or Switch only one PC will work unless there is an ethernet WAN router/nat.

If it is DSL, make sure the ADSL modem/Router is in NAT mode not bridge mode.

Advertisement