Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda versus VW

Options
  • 25-08-2007 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭

First car.

Ive been looking at a lot of sites for a VW and there are so many versions
    and very high mileage.

Im thinking I may go for a Skoda for my first car as I can get a young car with lower mileage and then get a really good Golf when I have more funds.

I have about 14K max to spend.

Im thinking I will regret an average Golf with high mileage when I go to sell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

worded wrote:
    First car.

Ive been looking at a lot of sites for a VW and there are so many versions
    and very high mileage.

Im thinking I may go for a Skoda for my first car as I can get a young car with lower mileage and then get a really good Golf when I have more funds.

I have about 14K max to spend.

Im thinking I will regret an average Golf with high mileage when I go to sell.

A Skoda Octavia is really a VW Golf, just cheaper, so if you're not a badge whore, then it makes sense to buy one, and forget altogether about buying a Golf altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I've driven both (fabia & golf) and I have to say that I prefer the Skoda.
    There is practicaly no difference between them, they even have the same switches. but the skoda was more comfortable.

The new generation of VW's aside older VW cars arent better looking than skoda either. Dont forget also Seat, they are also VW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Dont forget also Seat, they are also VW
    ...and better looking. Pity they dont make a few bigger cars.

Advertisement