Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher cert fees

Options
  • 25-08-2007 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

I dropped out after first year of a higher cert course in 2005. Ive been working since and I have accepted another higher cert course this year in WIT.

I spoke to the local VEC and the lady told me I should get a grant I just need to get my forms together is she right?

I also asked her about fee's and she said she didn't think id have to pay any but lots of people told me I will have too and I cant find anything on there web site. Does anybody have any idea how much first year fee's for a higher cert course would be because I may have to take out a loan?

Comments

I saw this on the WIT FAQ: http://www2.wit.ie/StudyatWIT/AdultEd/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/
    How much do courses cost?
    Details of course fees are stated in the prospectus. All fees must be paid in full prior to commencement of the course. Payment can be made by cheque, postal order or bank draft (made payable to Waterford Institute of Technology), credit card, bank-giro.

If you can't find the prospectus, best thing would be to contact WIT directly.

As for 'free fees', because you took a course at the same level before it does sound like you'll have to pay at least one year's fees, but after that it should be free. To find out directly, I'd contact the Department of Education directly.

As for a grant, I'm unsure exactly (given that you may have to pay fees). But you should apply anyways. It's a bit of effort alright, but you may be eligible for a few thousand euro which may be essential at seeing you though college (as it is expensive!).

Best of luck.

Advertisement