Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a new start

Options
  • 25-08-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

we are all hopefully getting ready to start college life, do u think ure ready for it? share your feelings here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭fitzgese

hope so. going off to ucd where i know nobody but the way i look at it it is a chance for me to get to make new friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i cant wait to head to ucc n start meeting new people n stuff... it would help if i had somewhere to live sorted already, not that im worried because im certain il be sorted by the end of the week.. i really hope my course lives up to expectations!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭megs_88

most definitely looking forward to starting in ucc after my year out :) it will be a bit scary especially not knowing anyone at first etc but i cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Megs_88 and Fionated, what course are you Studying in UCC, I'm going there also to do Pharmacy? Seen as we don't know anyone, do ye all want to meet up somewhere....It'd be a good start...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Cant wait for college. Anything to get out of Cavan :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Cant wait for college. Anything to get out of Cavan :p
    What he said...only replace Cavan with Donegal!Anyways i'm DYING to start.Why the **** does NUIM go back so late??!I don't start till the 18th, and my actual lectures don't start till the 24th!!!I mean NUIG is back near the start of September for **** sake.And as a result of it starting so late, I can't actually even move into my pad (on campus pad too!Woo!!!) till the 17th!Tis madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

Lucas10101 wrote:
    Megs_88 and Fionated, what course are you Studying in UCC, I'm going there also to do Pharmacy? Seen as we don't know anyone, do ye all want to meet up somewhere....It'd be a good start...

ck720 - psychiatric nursing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

fionated7 wrote:
    i cant wait to head to ucc n start meeting new people n stuff... it would help if i had somewhere to live sorted already, not that im worried because im certain il be sorted by the end of the week.. i really hope my course lives up to expectations!!

i haven't got accommodation in cork yet either:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

What he said...only replace Cavan with Donegal!Anyways i'm DYING to start.Why the **** does NUIM go back so late??!I don't start till the 18th, and my actual lectures don't start till the 24th!!!I mean NUIG is back near the start of September for **** sake.And as a result of it starting so late, I can't actually even move into my pad (on campus pad too!Woo!!!) till the 17th!Tis madness!
    What he said, except replace NUIG with UCD, 18th with 4th, and campus pad with brother.

:)

Lucas10101 wrote:

computer science! yeah meeting up would be cool :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Going to DCU, not sure if i will get on campus accomadation, i know about 1 person going there. I cant cook, im worried about fending for myself and im worried about making friends.

Im kinda nervous....

just a wee bit ;)

Im actually really nervous too, i dont know any other first years starting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I wasn't ready the first time I went but now I can't wait to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

What he said, except replace NUIG with UCD, 18th with 4th, and campus pad with brother.

:)

You're moving into your brother? :p
    Sorry. I tried to resist, and failed.

I can't wait just to meet new people. Haven't a clue when I'm starting in UCC, but I think it's around the 24th (aaaages away :() but like Freshers week and all the societies look like they're gonna be great fun. Yay, college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

Was looking forward to going to NUIG for ages. Now three of my really good friends have got places there as well. Except it wasn't first choice for any of them. I had been looking forward to being out there on my own but I suppose at least I'll know some people.

Advertisement