Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part time work

Options
  • 25-08-2007 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

hi - am starting my own business; am toying with the idea of trying to get a 2 day a week part time job for about 6 months as a supplement to give me a bit of guaranteed money coming in until the business becomes a bit more established. What is the concensus on this type of thing - is it often done, or is it a completely bad idea, and if so, for what reasons; and if not then has anyone got any good ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I think it'd depend on what type of business it is ..

If you'll need to be available for your new business monday - friday working thursday / friday or something could seriously hurt if you've got a meeting or something if you mean working part time saturday / sunday then it doesn't leave a lot of time for holidays ...

If you just mean a few hours of work a day remember having your mobile at your parttime job to take calls may not be viable either

Personally I say do what you have to ... you need to have some money coming in ... whether its money you've set aside while you don't have business or a part time job then so be it

What I will say though is if you don't have a business plan made up .. sort one out and see where exactly you're going with the business ... have goals and so on set up and make sure you try to achieve them

ps: am semi in the same boat myself :)

Advertisement