Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aib Credit Card Nominate Second Card

Options
  • 25-08-2007 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Going to America for a month next month and want to get a credit card now i use my mother for whatever i need to buy etc but i was reading you can nominate a family member partner or friend to use your account on a second card my question is would the card be in my name ie would i have issues using it in Usa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Your post isn't particularily clear to me, but I think you're asking that if a person (person A) nominates Person B to be an additional cardholder, will the new card have person A's name on it?

The answer is no, it will have Person B's name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah sorry didnt make it clear. But you answered my question thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Query about this. Im applying online and at the dropdown menu where you select your relationship with your second card holder they all seem to be family relatives or spouse. e.g. son daughter father mother etc

Whereas they advertise you can choose a "partner or close friend".

It won't let me continue without picking one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭aaronquigley

Myself and my partner (two guys) did this. You can have your partner named but we did this via our branch.

Advertisement