Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Access my Gmail Account

Options
  • 25-08-2007 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

My Broadband is working fine but i cant access my Gmail account get as far as entering my username/password,click Sign in and page goes to:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
    You are not connected to the Internet.
    The website is encountering problems.
    There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
    Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

Whats wrong?
    Dont know if this is the right part of the forum but seemed right,mods mave as you see fit.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Your operator is maybe BT is it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Try deleting your cookies. Have you tried another browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

My gmail is fine, no problems with it (smart telecom) might be a prob with ISP / browser settings.

A couple of questions.

Did you ever get gmail on that computer ?

Did you change anything since you last got email ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Check it in Firefox.
    Have you had spyware/malware problems?

I use Outlook EXpress to access my Gmail - I find it easier than the webpage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Try a secure login https://gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

Accessed it today from my computer,works today once but might not for another months,small local broadband provider but they are good.Might try using firefox,didnt know i could use Outlook Express to access Gmail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Shane_O wrote:
    didnt know i could use Outlook Express to access Gmail.

You have to set GMail up for POP. Instructions are there on the web page when you log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Shane_O wrote:
    Accessed it today from my computer,works today once but might not for another months,small local broadband provider but they are good.Might try using firefox,didnt know i could use Outlook Express to access Gmail.
    Link to step-by-step instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Clash

Did you get it to work?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

This is very interesting, because a similar problem surfaced yesterday. I couldn't get into my https:// server from outside - same thing as above, although I'm with IBB. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement