Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A note to dog owners

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Fox maybe? Or giant vampire bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

I agree folks as a parent of a child I'm fed up of him coming in after stepping in dog *!?@. The responsibility is on owners of dogs to keep them under control when out and to tidy up after them. It is also an offence to litter and attracts a fine for such behaviour, not to mention any santions the management company can impose.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Run DMC

Glad to see we have a bit of support for those of us fed up with dog dirt in our gardens and green areas. I have nothing against animals, I love animals, especially lambs and cows. But seriously, it should not be up to us to fight for a clean estate, it should be the expected norm. For those dog owners out there, please clean up after your dogs and be responsible for them. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

just be thankful there aren't lambs and cows roaming the plains of charlesland.have you seen the mess they leave in your garden.and they'd eat your grass

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

I find cats more of a problem myself, they are always in our garden fouling and cat dirt is more dangerous than dog dirt (e.g. toxoplasmosis). At least dogs are usually on a lead and owners normally make some effort to clean up after them (the responsible ones anyway), it's "accepted" that cats roam freely and therefore owners don't have to take responsibility for them :mad:

• Advertisement

yes but you don't need a license for a cat so it's ok to kill them. If you can catch them. They're fast...and crafty!.... unlike cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BonnieD

I keep my dog on a lead & pick up her poo after her when we're out for a walk. I'm conscious of people's kids & my neighbours etc., but I hate the fact that it's OK for cats to come down and walk on my back wall, freaking my dog out, and climbing it the bedroom windows and fouling my garden, and there's nothing or no one I can call or complain to! As an animal lover, I wouldn't dream of hurting any animal, but I could definitely do without so many of the neighbours owning cats, and them roaming all over my house & garden.

you can get cat repellent, it's like a lion scent from marking it's territory,freaks little cats out.undetectable to us i think.that in the back, dog repellent in the front garden. Probably kill the kids though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Citronella oil scattered about the place works well for dogs - apparently it smells vile to their three gizzillion scent receptors - and its natural and chemical free.

Not sure about the moggies - you could google it, maybe "natural or chemical free cat repellants"

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Barn Owl

:mad::mad:
    found a very large brown yucky deposit of faeces in my garden the other day.....now it all makes sense......I have no proof but according to what you guys are saying, he who is the big brown dog is now the prime suspect. I have observed what you are all saying myself and have to tell you, it is all true, he wanders around ready to deposit his waste....someone needs to tell the family.why not me? sorry I have my own mental health issues so I cant but if any of you would, that would be fantastic....surely a mature face to face adult-like exchange would do the trick? Uggghhh, I can see the deposit from here................it's ruining my garden...........:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Is this the deposit in your green plant near the front of your garden????

Nice the way it just hangs there isn't it???

The dog who is brown has wrecked me alpines too and wee'd all over them which doesn't help their little causes!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Was sitting in the living room this week and there was this thumping sound against the front door. Very strange since I was looking out the front window and there was no-one there. So I walk to the window and look down and theres this big brown dog scratching his arse off the door. Nice! He left me a pressie in the driveway too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Maisy wrote: »
    Citronella oil scattered about the place works well for dogs - apparently it smells vile to their three gizzillion scent receptors - and its natural and chemical free.

I think that stuff is actually used on dogs as an flea repellant, so I'm not sure it will be that much of a deterrant.

There does seem to be a range of repellents out there though. e.g. here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

I have used similar products and the main ingredient was our good friend citronella - I used the oil coz its stronger and cheaper - you only need a few drops - it saved my spring bulbs !!!

Tea tree oil shampoo is yer natural man for the fleas....

Advertisement