Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright

Options
  • 25-08-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

would I be infringing copyright if i took news content from a website and pasted it onto one of my websites but included a note saying taking from...... and a link back???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

whassupp2 wrote:
    would I be infringing copyright if i took news content from a website and pasted it onto one of my websites but included a note saying taking from...... and a link back???

Its really depends on the site, you could just ask permission. You could just get an RSS feed...

We need more info to advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Ya I think I'll look into rss feeds. Thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Certain news agencies like news.bbc.co.uk don't mind rss feeds being shown on your website as long as you show their copyright or a link back. You have to check their terms listed in the rss section.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/help/3223484.stm#mysite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

As gordon said ... make sure you read the terms.

I sometimes quote bits from pages but I'll include a link to the article and state clearly the quote is from the website. If they don't like it they can contact me but even at that you're not covered. I think if its for something commercial you'll definitely want to contact them directly to make sure you're allowed.

Advertisement