Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Small Dents

Options
  • 25-08-2007 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

Now I know this must be a big hate for anyone who loves their car.....

Small dents along the sides of your car where other people carelesly open their doors and hit your car.

What do you do about this? Is it worth panel beating them?

I for one would love to get them removed but is it worth the hassel?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

it depends on how much you love your car. i recently fixed my drivers door up. i did the work myself by filling,sanding and spraying the whole door. try get some quotes, wont be cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

I've seen the following for dents that have not had damaged paintwork... It seems to use the contraction the metal to torsion out the dent... I have seen this, do not take my word etc

1. You heat up the area of the dent with a blowdryer - on high - for maybe a minute.

2. You then use "dust off" - a compressed air spray - upsidedown, this causes a fluid that is minus whatever in degrees and freezes over the paintwork.... You can watch the air around the dent ice up then the dent magically torsions itself out.

Now please, I saw this little video clip a long time ago.... and I've just got back from the clubs.... it's 2:02... Hope I helped a little... especially if it works and it's suitable for your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The above post is interesting, and I've seen the video clip too, but I want someone else to risk their paintwork before I try it on herselfs car. Any takers? Here's the clip ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miNykNl-0NM

Advertisement