Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Mates think I'm insane but.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hehe lawsuit on the way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

For the laugh open them both in separate tabs hahahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Lol:D :D

Striking resemblance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

she should ahve put barney in her vid too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: Brian Capture, less of these comments in the future. You're contributing nothing to the thread.. it was off topic and moronic to say the least. Cop on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

<SNIP>

No, I am a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Can't see the likeness myself op.
    <SNIP>

Idiot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

idiot? I think it's a perfectly valid question

I'd ride lilly allen, especially the cartoon version of her in that 'oh my god' video

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Jesus, crazy pang of nostalgia from the Thomas video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Haha they do sound slightly similar alright..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Lilly Allen annoys me somehow. Her music is just too happy. She's probably a somewhat nice girl when she's not making ridiculous comments in defense of class division, but smeg is her music annoying.

It just reminds me too much of the seaside. I hate the seaside. Unless it's brighton, where all the punks and goths and whatnot are. But even then that particular aspect of Brighton, the ice-cream fans, the Lilly Allens tanning their legs, annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Rozie wrote:
    Lilly Allen annoys me somehow. Her music is just too happy. She's probably a somewhat nice girl when she's not making ridiculous comments in defense of class division, but smeg is her music annoying.

I'm afraid her title as most annoying female artists has just been taken by Kate Nash's complete waffle... I don't think I've ever heard such simplistic, monotone, heavily-accented crap. Way too much airplay is given to this toss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Kali wrote:
    I'm afraid her title as most annoying female artists has just been taken by Kate Nash's complete waffle... I don't think I've ever heard such simplistic, monotone, heavily-accented crap. Way too much airplay is given to this toss.

Yeah, I hated that. The song itself had a lot more voice than I expected when I heard it in full instead of just the chorus, but I just can't stand the "putting accents in songs like this is rad" school of thought. It's meant to make it more "down to earth", but it just makes it sound common. Musicians should be able to help common people relate to one another(or help them be less common), but they should no longer be common themselves, if they ever were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Kali wrote:

Agreed. I thought Pat Butcher had a tune out when I heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

TheGooner wrote:
    My wee nephew and niece love Lily Allen 'Smile' and played it over and over and over and over (they are only 2 and 3) Is it just me or is there some striking resemblance here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZyTOROlo9E

and then this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4y7ySgj_G0

First 10 seconds of each........

Explains why the kids like it :eek:

course you could also compare her song about the brother 'Alfie' (i think) with Puppet on a String...if Phil Coulter is reading this, you might want to give m'learned friends a shout...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Kali wrote:
    Didn't know what her name was, but I know exactly who you're talking about, and I couldn't agree more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lily Allen, Kate Nash. Oasis for 2007.

Advertisement