Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Set dancing classes???

• 25-08-2007 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows of any set dancing classes that might be starting around September in the Ennis/Shannon/Sixmilebridge area?? I used to do it years ago and would love to get back into it, but haven't seen anything advertised yet.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think they do lessions in the Bellsfort in Newmarket, I remember seeing a poster for it before, sorry I don't have any details (set dancing is not my cup of tea). I do know that the One Mile Inn in Ennis has a set dancing night on a Sunday night, if you ring there they should have a bit of information, either than or check out Glor, they had lessons in the past

Edit: Saw this on www.glor.ie
    1 September 2007: Sean-Nós Dance Workshops
    Roisín Ní Mhainín will be teaching adults the most popular of Sean-Nós dances 'the reel'and children the traditional Brush Dance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's classes in Woodstock (not sure if Golf Club or Hotel) every Monday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

The set dancing in Bellsfort use to be on Tuesday nights. Don't know what the current status of it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Latin499

Set dancing in Cratloe will be starting in Mon 29 Sept. They usually start at 9pm and you will be most welcome. The session last two hours with a break for tea and biscuits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Clodidah

Was just going to reply with the Cratloe ones. If you run into Aislings shop (Cratloe local shop) the notice board should have some info (its beside the icecream!). Its in the Community hall as far as I know.

I know there are classes somewhere in Shannon on Thursday nights aswell, but i dont have any more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

The One Mile Inn in Ennis is closed down.

There is set dancing in Cois na hAbhna at the weekend - I'm pretty sure they do classes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The Wednesday class in the Queens is on about 8.30. It's a nice easy class if you're getting back into it. There's a younger crowd than any of the other nights as well.

The one with the best rep would be at the hall opposite where the Ennis Driving Range used to me on a Monday night. It's pretty hardcore though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

If it's not too far for you to travel, there's a class on Thursday nights at the Crosses of Annagh near Quilty, it starts at 8.30 with Mary Clancy teaching, she's very good. It's only a fiver!

Advertisement