Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Speakers dead, who in Dublin does repairs?

Options
  • 26-08-2007 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Eh..Not sure if this should be a Comp & Tech or go into some audio forum but I'll try here.

Have Creative Gigaworks S750 speaker system for my PC. A power surge happened about a month ago and blew my PC power supply. Also center speaker in system started giving a crackle.

3 days ago I turned the system on and the volume light went from zero to max the speakers all gave a loud noise and then gone. My speaker system is dead. I reckon it was from damage caused by the initial power surge.

Of course I have everything running on surge protectors now :rolleyes: But the speaker system is expensive and good so I would like to repair if possible

Question: Where would be a good place to get it repaired in Dub? Should I go to a Computer place or a Audio place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

How old are they?? U could try getting them replaced under warranty??

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Eh...so long ago I don't remember exactly. Got it 4+ years ago approx.

Found 'The Electronic Repair Centre' on Parnell St,
    http://www.citikey.com/business/11001146?area=City+Centre&category=30010&city=Dublin&current=1&total=24

They specialize in AV gear. I'll call them tomorrow and see what the story is. I'm hoping for a transformer / voltage regulator / capacitor problem as that should be fixable by anyone. Just so long as a board or chip hasn't blown I should be okay.

If anyone has used this place I'd be interested in feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peterdaly

Do you have the creative 3:4 7.1 Audio cable? Do you want to sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

peterdaly wrote: »
    Do you have the creative 3:4 7.1 Audio cable? Do you want to sell it?

2007 called they want their thread back!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peterdaly

Diddy Kong wrote: »
    2007 called they want their thread back!

I know but worth a shot I cant get the cable anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭TheTruthIsMine

Dorsanty wrote: »
    Eh...so long ago I don't remember exactly. Got it 4+ years ago approx.

Found 'The Electronic Repair Centre' on Parnell St,
    http://www.citikey.com/business/11001146?area=City+Centre&category=30010&city=Dublin&current=1&total=24

They specialize in AV gear. I'll call them tomorrow and see what the story is. I'm hoping for a transformer / voltage regulator / capacitor problem as that should be fixable by anyone. Just so long as a board or chip hasn't blown I should be okay.

If anyone has used this place I'd be interested in feedback.
    Hi,

I've a speaker that's broken at the moment. You wouldn't be able to name that company, as that link no longer works.

Tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

After 8 years yeah.

The thread that keeps on giving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement