Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training in Prague / Bratislava

• 26-08-2007 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Slightly unusual request - going to watch Ireland play in both cities next month which entails being away for a week.

As I'm clocking 40+ miles per week in prep. for the Dublin marathon, I want to bring my gear and continue over there - anyone familiar with either city and therefore know if they have anything resembling the Phoenix Park in either city (city guides read so far are pretty inconclusive), or whether there are any running tracks etc. open to the public ?

Grateful for any suggestions / help.................thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Sorry I can't help you directly but there might be some info on the Prague marathon website

http://www.pim.cz/index.php?lang=en

COuld be soemthing similar for Bratislava but I don't know anything there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭Peckham

Have been in both cities - Prague a long time ago, and Bratislava about 2 years ago.

Both are on rivers (both on the Danube?), so you've got the possibility of running along that. Pretty sure there is no city park in Bratislava (there's not much in Bratislava), but I'm sure you can do an "out and back" along the river.

Good luck fitting running in with the cheap boozing in both cities!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Peckham wrote:
    Have been in both cities - Prague a long time ago, and Bratislava about 2 years ago.

Both are on rivers (both on the Danube?), so you've got the possibility of running along that. Pretty sure there is no city park in Bratislava (there's not much in Bratislava), but I'm sure you can do an "out and back" along the river.

Good luck fitting running in with the cheap boozing in both cities!

Peckham, that's my dilemma but I want to get a decent long run in BEFORE the boozing commences !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Was in Bratislava last year myself about a month before the Dublin marathon so was in a similar situation. Didn't come across any parks but I ran along a track down the riverside on the side opposite the old town. Wasn't really very long but from memory I think I managed to make an hour run out of it, going out and back. That included crossing the Danube on one of the new, big bridges which was pretty cool.

Advertisement