Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL / Setanta Services

Options
  • 26-08-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Can any one tell me what (if available in the area) the NTL phone and broadband services are like? I currently have the MMDS NTL service and was looking to subscribe to Setanta Sports. Sounds simple enough right but it leads you through to the NTL site where you can upgrade to their various packages. The offers seem quite good but Is it worth changing over to???
    I work from home so having good quality always on broadband and landline is a must.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

AFAIK you can't get ntl phone and BB by MMDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stukin

Good point (why didnt I think of that). MMDS was my only option when i moved in, it may have changes since. I'll suss it out. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just to let the OP and fellow Charleslandians NTL subscribers know....I went to buy the setanta package on the MMDS service from NTL and it cost 15.00. BUT setanta website says you get 10 channels for this money(including the S. Ireland channel even though we already get this channel) . Had look for these channels on the browse feature: Setanta Sports 1, Setanta Golf & NASN are the only channels on MMDS. Wow 3 out of the 9! 33%...me thinks I should only be paying €5.00. Oh no, you have to pay full whack...

So why would I want to order such a package?..last weekend I wanted to watch the F1 qualifying live...Setanta Ireland were showing something with an oddly shaped ball (think they're calling it rugby and some countries play in it), nevertheless, I flicked to UTV and found that the F1 was not on here either! I looked up the interweb and found that the F1 was on Setanta Sports 1 and ITV4 (now I want Sky!) ..anyway the temporary fix was to order the Setanta package.

P.S. Mike/Eoin, please don't move the thread!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,938 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

also be aware that use of such boxes is illegal (though pretty much undetectable).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

loyatemu wrote:
    also be aware that use of such boxes is illegal (though pretty much undetectable).
    Indeed it is. Poster banned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement