Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Worst Party of the Summer **PREDICTIONS & SPOILERS**

• 26-08-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

This is a really poor looking card but there still should be at least two very good matches.

WWE Title Match
    John Cena vs Randy Orton

This should be the best match on the card, hands down. Orton to take the title. Losing the title should be good for Cena overall, I'm eager to see how he does in the upper mid card, when the title isn't on the line.

WHC Title Match
    The Great Khali vs Batista

Two terrible wrestlers, this is not going to be pretty. Because Batista had the upper hand when SmackDown went off the air makes me think Khali is going to retain, although that would be terrible business. Hopefully Batista takes the title and Edge destroys him when he comes back.

ECW Title Match
    John Morrison vs CM Punk

This should be very good too, they have worked together enough by now to put on a really good match, the stellar Punk performance we have all been looking for. I can't see Punk not winning this.

King Booker vs Triple H
    Booker doesn't stand a chance here, unfortunately. I'm looking forward to seeing how the "new" Triple H performs.

Chavo Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio
    Same as above, only substitute Booker and Chavo and Triple H for Mysterio.

Intercontinental Title Match
    Umaga vs Carlito vs Mr Kennedy

Umaga to retain here, unless something stupid happens.

Kane vs Finlay
    Kane will go over. It's a real shame this isn't MVP vs Matt Hardy. MVP rules!

Diva's Battle Royal
    Either Michelle McCool or Victoria.

I'm disappointed Londrick and Curdock (hey, it's better than Made) aren't on the card after Londrick beat them in a non title match recently. WWE really don't rate the tag division. The idea of MVP and Hardy challenging for the tag titles suggests that they will win which devalues the titles even more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The thread you posted by accident actually got more views than this one. Strange people out there

WWE Title Match
    John Cena vs Randy Orton

The reports of this match at house shows have been excellent, as it should be I think. This is the best year that both of these guys have had in their careers and I'm really looking forward to this match. Should be Randy winning

WHC Title Match

It's gonna be bad! It's amazing how much worse Khali looks now that he's away from Cena. Batista will probably win, if not this month then next month in some gimmick match. What is this, Batista's 7th title match since he lost the belt? I would have thought that it had been established that he's not good enough by now! Teddy Long should be investigated

ECW Title Match
    John Morrison vs CM Punk

They've been having better and better matches on ECW each week and this should be better than their previous ppv matches. I can see Punk not winning, but he probably will. I suppose he has to really, Punk's been chasing the belt long enough and there aren't really any other challengers for Morrison right now

King Booker vs Triple H
    Triple H. All eyes will be on him. Hopefully he doesn't make Booker look useless

Rey will win, but I don't really want to see these two continuing the feud, we've seen it enough times

Oomanga to pin Carlito

Kane vs Finlay
    Kane will win

Diva's Battle Royal
    Is this for something? If it's for the no.1 contender for the women's title, then Beth Phoenix will probably win. They've really wasted her on Raw so far

Cadenmurdoch against London & Kendrick on Raw was working out brilliant, but it seems like they're goin with Cryme Time as the challengers, which is just stupid. I hate them right now cos they wrecked a great match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

WWE Title Match
    John Cena vs Randy Orton

I think Cena will win this precisely for the reason that the WWE has built Orton up to win. What other way to cement his superman status

WHC Title Match

Gonna go with Khali mainly because I don't wanna see Batista win with his tame rugby tackle, sorry, his spear. He's hardly gonna Batista bomb Khali.

ECW Title Match
    John Morrison vs CM Punk

Looking forward to this match, I'd say Morrison will win, only because they look like they're building up Bid Daddy V and couldn't see them letting Punk job to him

King Booker vs Triple H
    This match will be a sham. Hopefully once Hunter wins Booker won't be able to call himself a king anymore and will return to Booker T

Got a funny feeling Chavo will win this so as to continue the feud. DOn't really see the point of putting Mysterio on the Main event card against 4 Monsters.

They've gotta give it to Kennedy seeing as how he missed out on the Smackdown title. He'll probably steal OOOOOOOOOOmanGa's victory

Kane vs Finlay
    Finlay with lil' Bastard assist

Diva's Battle Royal
    One of Extreme Exposee, hopefully with an appearance from the Miz

Think It's a shame that there's only one match from ECW because I think it's really improved since the draft and considering how unlucky they were with it.

P.S. I'm pretty sure the battle Royale is for the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

WWE Title Match
    John Cena vs Randy Orton

Orton to win.....surely!

WHC Title Match

Two big title changes in one night...I think not. Think this will go on for a bit longer before Batista wins the title :rolleyes:

ECW Title Match
    John Morrison vs CM Punk

Morrison to retain. Haven't watched ECW in ages so hope this will be a good match.

King Booker vs Triple H
    Trips for the win. Looking forward to this one!

Just like HHH's return, Rey to win....

Umaga to retain

Kane vs Finlay
    Kane

Diva's Battle Royal
    I think it will be Beth Phoenix or Mickie winning this one.

Pity London and Kendrick aren't on the card alright, would make up for the lack of tag team matches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Bubs101 wrote:

P.S. I'm pretty sure the battle Royale is for the title

According to a blog Victoria posted on myspace last week, the winner will get a title match at the next PPV

Bubs101 wrote:
    ECW Title Match
    John Morrison vs CM Punk

Looking forward to this match, I'd say Morrison will win, only because they look like they're building up Bid Daddy V and couldn't see them letting Punk job to him

Punk already lost to him two weeks ago. Wasn't a pinfall victory, but Punk got squashed all the same

Bubs101 wrote:
    King Booker vs Triple H
    This match will be a sham. Hopefully once Hunter wins Booker won't be able to call himself a king anymore and will return to Booker T

What?! In 20 years time it'll be "King Booker" that that man is remembered for. He is absolutely perfect in that gimmick. If WWE make him drop it then it would be beyond stupid I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

WWE Title Match
    John Cena vs Randy Orton

This is going to be the best match of the night for sure.John Cena has had a good year in terms of his wrestling skills improving but im afraid that his title reign has to come to an end at some stage.My pick for this match is Randy.I think that he more than deserves the title right now and im really looking forward to seeing him with it for the foreseeable future

WHC Title Match

With the long list of injuries on smackdown,this match is one that was never on the cards in the first place.Its going to be another one of those monster vs animal matches.It will be short and I predict khali to retain.

ECW Title Match
    John Morrison vs CM Punk

Tazz has twice said this week that this match does have the potential of stealing the show.Both are great wrestlers and its thanks to this rivalry that ECW is at least watchable now.It will be a good match and I think that punk will win

King Booker vs Triple H
    HHH to win for sure.

Rey to win.It will be interesting to see him in the ring after so long

Umaga to win.

Kane vs Finlay
    Kane to win.He has been getting some sort of a push recently

Diva's Battle Royal
    Beth phoenix

Pity that none of the tag team titles from either Raw or smackdown are being defended.Also I would have loved to have seen Hardy vs MVP again

I'm not saying that Booker doesn't play the character well, it's just a terrible character compared to Booker T. Also I hate Sharmel so I have alternate motives

Bubs101 wrote:
    I'm not saying that Booker doesn't play the character well, it's just a terrible character compared to Booker T. Also I hate Sharmel so I have alternate motives

I was never a huge fan of "Booker T", I think he's just so much more entertaining now. I actually think Sharmell is one of the best seconds around at the moment, there was a Raw a few weeks ago where I thought she was just perfect with the way she was reacting to Lawler. Both of them have really changed my opinion of them since King Booker appeared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Double C wrote:
    This is a really poor looking card but there still should be at least two very good matches.

Bloody awful card, centered around the return of two guys, mainly HHH. The rest is standard programming main events by the looks of it.

WWE Title Match
    John Cena vs Randy Orton

This one is considered the best match on the card, god help us all. Seeing as the only reason why this is gonna be of any use is to watch hundreds of chain gang kiddies bawl their eyes out after seeing Orton absolytely desecrate Cena.

WHC Title Match

And people wonder why Smackdown is considered the B show, possibly C show the way ECW is starting to creep up. We've got one who is a shell of his former self, going against a never was who only got the title because WWE ran out of options! I hope they won't do Batista v Undertaker at Wrestlemania here, and make this one slow, and painless.

ECW Title Match
    John Morrison vs CM Punk

Punk ain't getting the belt, not yet anyway. Will probably be the better of the three title match, and me defending both Morrison and Punk in the same sentence is really a testament to how bad this card has shaped up to be.

King Booker vs Triple H
    Double C is right here, Booker is getting buried deeper than a corpse in Glasnevin Cemetary! Expect him to lose his King gimmick as well, cos HHH can't be the King Of Kings if Booker is there as well. Especially if they're both on RAW.

Ugh, Chavo came out of retirement for this? This match has been done to death, only now Mysterio will be more roided, more injury prone and more over with the kids.

I'm really disliking Carlito in this mix here, why not Kennedy v Umaga? Carlito is god-awful lately and has worn out his usefulness with the company. Umaga has been built up like a complete monster this past year, one of the things WWE didn't screw up. So they're not gonna job him to Carlito, they may job him to Kennedy. Tough one to call.

Kane vs Finlay
    Ugh, couldn't care less to be honest. I like Finlay, but Kane is of use to nobody at this stage in the game.

Diva's Battle Royal
    Couldn't care less! I'll probs be taking a piss during it in the unlikely event i'm staying up for it, or else i'll record it and fast forward through it.
    I'm disappointed Londrick and Curdock (hey, it's better than Made) aren't on the card after Londrick beat them in a non title match recently. WWE really don't rate the tag division. The idea of MVP and Hardy challenging for the tag titles suggests that they will win which devalues the titles even more.

They'll be on a Heat match which will appear on the DVD probably. It's not like the tag title division has been given a second glance by WWE anyway sadly.

Meh, UFC 74 is gonna blow this out of the water, and this is coming from a WWE fanboy. Sad to say. :(

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

fatal wrote:
    WWE Title Match
    John Cena vs Randy Orton

Agree with the OP's on this one. Should be the best match on the card, with Orton taking the title. Things are getting a little stale with Cena at the moment.

WHC Title Match

I think there will be a lot of out-ring work here and maybe a "Holy Sh1t" moment are the only things saving this. I can see Batista getting over Khali here and winning. Short and Sweet, the opposite of Batista, but he should win.

ECW Title Match
    John Morrison vs CM Punk

I can see Morrison retaining here, or winning by close DQ. I don't really watch ECW so will watch something else while this is on.

King Booker vs Triple H
    " HHH to win for sure." Amen.

Rey to win here as well. Although they might extend this out till Unforgiven and give a Chavo win, if not, well....should be a Mysterio win here anyhow.

Umaga to win. Amen.

Kane vs Finlay
    I can see a Finlay victory here, there's no push for Kane anyway, so he's going nowhere fast.

Diva's Battle Royal
    Victoria and Michelle McCool should be left over with the latter winning. Maybe Mae Young will come in and annoy Victoria again. She is supposed to be at Summerslam after all.

Should be a pretty poor show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

WWE Title Match
    John Cena vs Randy Orton

Just to be different and I don't think they'll change all 3 major titles in the same night, I'll go with Cena to retain and lose it next month.

WHC Title Match

This could be alot of fun (in a bad way) to watch if they given them lots of time. I'll go with Batista.

ECW Title Match
    John Morrison vs CM Punk

If they get time and the live crowd care, it could be match of the night. CM Punk to win.

King Booker vs Triple H
    IObviously I don't think Triple H will lose but this feud might go longer than just ppv given the lack of heels on Raw. So I figure Booker might be made to look strong in defeat. Maybe a beat down on Trips leg at the end of the match.

Good to see Rey back. He'll pick up the win and move on from here.

I hope Umaga retains. Dont' really care though.

Kane vs Finlay
    Not interested.

Diva's Battle Royal
    Whatever.

I won't be ordering the show or staying up for this one. I just found out that the UFC from London in 2 weeks will be showing on Setanta Sports one and not Setanta ppv, so my money is going there.

I think people that do order it will get there money's worth. Usually Summerslam delivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I think people that do order it will get there money's worth. Usually Summerslam delivers.

I agree. No matter how crap the card has seemed in past,summerslam always seems to deliver.It is a scaled down version of wrestlemania in that sense.Il just wait a few hours after it airs to catch up with something that every year marks the end of summer for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

WWE Title Match
    John Cena vs Randy Orton

Cena clean pin, unless there is a screwjob finish involving Vince

WHC Title Match

Khali for me.

ECW Title Match
    John Morrison vs CM Punk

Tough call, i gonna go with Morrison retaining due to DQ or something along those lines.

King Booker vs Triple H
    Triple H win seems so obvious here, doesn't it :confused: you never know with Vince though

No winner here, both counted out or something like that

Carlito i think will surprise a few and win.

Kane vs Finlay
    Kane

Diva's Battle Royal
    McCool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

World Wrestling Entertainment Championship Match: John Cena (c) Vs. "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton

Randy to win cleanly. But I have an alternate theory, which goes as follows: Cena to retain, but to lose it at Unforgiven (exactly 364 days into his reign, thus losing it one day before the one year mark), leading to him turning heel. He could show up on RAW the next night and beat the crap out of a mid-card face saying the fans love 'Mid-carder TBC' more than him even though he held the title for nearly a year.

"The King of Kings" Triple H Vs. King Booker

Eight long months, eight agonisingly long months and thats just how I felt about his absence. Finally, the King of Kings returns to beat King Booker back to the mid-cards (even though I love King Booker's character and he deserves his main event status).

World Heavyweight Championship Match: The Great Khali (c) Vs. Batista

Oh God! Oh God, oh God, oh God!

Extreme Championship Wrestling Championship Match: John Morrison (c) Vs. CM Punk

Should be brilliant. Punk to win.

Triple Threat Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Umaga (c) Vs. Carlito Vs. Mr. Kennedy

Misssterrrrr Kennedy............Kennedy! Vince said last week that his son was a champion! So there ya go!

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Rey Mysterio

Couldn't care less. I hate both of these guys.

Kane Vs. Finlay

I care less for this than the match above.

Number One Contenders Battle Royal for Women's Championship

Dunno, could be Beth, could be anyone really. Would like to see Mickie with the title again. It should be good though as the (RAW) Divas have been good as of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I was just watching the Summerslam preview show (I managed to pull my self away from BBC's brilliant coverage of the Reading festival, Nine Inch Nails and Smashing Pumpkins ylsuper.gif).
    The Booker vs HHH match is billed as "there can only be one king". I really want Booker to win if this is the case, Triple H is not the King of Kings, Steve Corino is, and everyone knows it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

still unsure wether to order this??? the seconds r ticking away.

Apparently Matt vs MVP wasn't pulled due to any health issues with MVP, because he's been working the house shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

My Predictions: Winners in Bold

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Randy Orton

Triple H vs. King Booker

World Heavyweight Championship: The Great Khali vs. Batista

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero

ECW Championship: John Morrison vs. CM Punk

Umaga vs. Carlito vs. Mr. Kennedy

Kane vs. Finlay

Divas Battle Royal: Victoria

Double C wrote:
    Triple H is not the King of Kings, Steve Corino is, and everyone knows it.

Uuuuh who? ;)
    VR!

Fozzy wrote:
    Apparently Matt vs MVP wasn't pulled due to any health issues with MVP, because he's been working the house shows

MVP does have a legit heart condition but it's not as serious as WWE are playing it out. He was cleared to wrestle.

VR!

• Advertisement

It seems to be fixed now anyway. He had the treatment and if it was successful then he could have run a marathon immediately after the procedure and been fine

The King of Old School, I hope he comes to work a show here before he retires

I never liked Steve Corino, hence my sarcastic response to Double C ;)
    VR!

WWE have a knack of ripping off Corino, he is the ****ing God of Professional Wrestling too, long before JBL!
    In Corino's latest blog he says how disappointed he was about missing the IWW show and hopes to get another chance. His blogs are always worth the read, and I highly reccommend his shoot interview too, he's got some hilarious stories.

I watched that shoot earlier this year, ****in crazy the way he got locked up for nothing and couldn't speak to his family! I'd never heard of that before then

Haha,
    some people will be surprised at the finish to the IC title match! I'm happy

I was disgusted by it!
    Kennedy deserves better, a thumb to the throat in a six minute match? Umaga needs to use his Samoan drop where he just throws people in the air then drops them. Cos that spike finisher is f*cking weak!

VR!

Great Main Event
    but I'm disgusted by the result, I really could not have seen a better time for Orton to win it, Cena retaining has left me dumbfounded again????
    I'm guessing Trips will be taking it in 3 weeks now, feel sorry for Orton though after another quality match involving the Legend Killer

That was the best main event to a WWE PPV years, probably since WM XX. It's a damn shame about the result, but the match couldn't have been any better. I wonder whos next for Cena. My money is on Snitsky, or a rematch with Orton. The only other heels worthy of a title shot (not that Snitsky is worthy) both got pinned clean last night.

I only watched the three title matches, well two, I skipped straight to the end for the Khali Batista match, and the HHH Booker one. The ECW match was shaping up really well but they went and used the same ending as one of their previous matches. I guess this feud will drag on now considering Morrison didn't win cleanly. Punk is even using Nigel McGuinness moves now!

Kennedy getting pinned doesn't make any sense if they are building him up for the mother of all pushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i really can't believe so many here and throughout the wrestling world were expecting Orton to win last night and cleanly at that too :eek:

C'mon guys; Cena had already cleanly beat HBK, Angle, Trips, Khali, Michaels and Lashley so there was no chance in hell of Orton winning this cleanly. For f**k sake, orton jobbed to RVD only two months ago and people were expecting him to win :p

Another fine match from Cena though, i was a big big Cena hater but you got to give this guy his due at this stage, he has been a fine champ so far and there is nobody currently active in the WWE that can do a better job at this present time imo.

My feeling on this PPV is the biggest waste of 2hrs and 50 mins i'll never get back. Cena retaining was utter bullsh*t in my view, he's become the Hogan of the new milennium and is suffering overexposure of the highest order. Although in saying that, the office probably feel Orton isn't fully ready yet either. I don't think that feud is over... given how close it appeared for Orton to win.

Kennedy getting pinned out of the blue like that was a disgrace, a thumb to the f*cking throat. Granted the IC title won't do much for his monster push so i doubt that he will suffer much for the loss.

Triple H looked great, like he did in 2002 only more natural. He's lost a bit of bodyweight too, probably to take the pressure off his knees, which makes sense. He actually looks normal...
    ... which is more than can be said for Rey Mysterio since coming off the roids! I could have sworn that was Konnan under that mask for a second! And what the hell was with the silver body paint? Konnan or a mini Kamala, you decide!

Beth Phoenix winning was the right move for the womens division, she is a monster as far as women go and she can actually work, which is more than can be said for most of them.

Morrison/Punk - good match, weak ending. More to come i guess.

The rest was utter junk.
    VR!

• Advertisement

Yeah Trips looked great, they billed him at 255lb if I remember correctly, think he used to be billed at 265, I could be wrong though.

Hopefully we haven't seen the last of Orton/Cena, it really was great match and I have to give Cena his due, and the crowd were so hot for the whole match. Personally I'd like to see Trips thrown into this mix and have a good number 1 contender battle with Orton, hopefully leading to Cena dropping the belt at the next Raw PPV.

Batista/Khali was a waste of time and I think Kennedy getting pinned has closed the door on his IC title contendership to open him up for the Illegitimate son on Vince storyline, which I'd prefer to watch anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

n00b question: how do you put the spoilers in grey?

It's in Fozzy's sig :)
    VR!

That was terrible. Finlay vs. Kane wasn't bad but everything that followed it was.

Ic match should have been twice as long and the spike is such a terrible finisher.

Shame Nitro botched the ending of the IC match which was good but was practically the same as their last few fights.

Khali vs. Cena was a joke. First of all, what happened to no DQ in title matches:confused: . Secondly, now we have to sit through a second match.

Thought Triple H looked a little rusty and I didn't like the fact he was hinting that DX might return at the end.

Main event was quite good but would have preferred if they let Hunter wait a while before winning the title

Bubs101 wrote:
    Khali vs. Cena was a joke. First of all, what happened to no DQ in title matches:confused: . Secondly, now we have to sit through a second match.

Main event was quite good but would have preferred if they let Hunter wait a while before winning the title

Sorry but you were watching Summerslam last night I take it??? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but HHH didn't win any title last night!!
    Don't take this as an attack, just wanna make sure were all on the same page here.

I'm taking it as a given that he'll inherit as soon as possible, probably should have made that clear, sorry

• Advertisement

I enjoyed the ppv
    Main event was just great. This is the best year that both of those guys have had and I think right now that that was the best match that they've both had. I'm not too annoyed at the ending, but my mate who I was watching it with had it all worked out. He always predicts these things right and I always refuse to believe him when I think different. His logic was that the faces always win at Summerslam, so that the only way Orton would win would be if Batista won in the main event. So when he saw Khali retaining he was absolutely certain that Cena would retain, even willing to bet with me. I believe what I want to believe, so I got behind Randy but refused the bet anyway!

Khali looked terrible at times, but they seemed to have everything planned and worked out ok. Not as bad as it had the potential to be. I suspected a rematch whichever way the finish went, and during the match I thought a Punjabi Prison match could be on the cards. Just read on Figure 4 Online that it might be! Haha

Punk annoys me again! He gets in way too much offence in his matches, it doesn't make Morrison look like a threat and there's no reason to get behind Punk. Then Morrison cheats or hits a big move and picks up the win. Their 15 minute match on ECW was much better. I can't wait til Punk turns heel and then all the offence he gets in will make for better matches

First thing I noticed with Rey was that he's looking a lot more like a normal person. No steroids. Good for him. I enjoyed his match, probably more than any Rey vs Chavo matches I can remember

First thing I noticed with HHH was that he's looking a lot more like a normal person. Definitely slimmer (like a lot of the roster. Orton's legs have shrunk so much in the last two months!), and that's a good thing. Decent match I suppose, Booker wasn't completely buried but the result was obvious. JR was really going over the top in his commentary during this match, irritated me a bit. Lawler was also very bad at times during this show. He came out with some lines that were just obviously wrong, it's as if he can't speak properly

I couldn't tell any of the blondes apart during the women's match

I'm a bit surprised that it was Kennedy taking the fall in the IC title match, but he's been getting buried kinda bad since he came to Raw I think. I was shouting at Umaga to get involved whenever Kennedy and Carlito got too close, I really didn't want a repeat of last Monday night

Santino's brief appearance was excellent. I really look forward to seeing him now! And I'm enjoying Ron Simmons' segments for the first time. All of the non-wrestling segments were actually pretty enjoyable, which I find is very rare. Except maybe the last one they did, that was more disturbing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bubs101 wrote:
    That was terrible. Finlay vs. Kane wasn't bad but everything that followed it was.

Ic match should have been twice as long and the spike is such a terrible finisher.

Shame Nitro botched the ending of the IC match which was good but was practically the same as their last few fights.

Thought Triple H looked a little rusty and I didn't like the fact he was hinting that DX might return at the end.

eh.....what ppv were you watching? cena/khali? hhh with a title? wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

there's a little bit about last night's raw in this so dont read if you havent seen it
    i watched summerslam last night.. well, bits of it, they had barely said the word "diva" in diva battle royal before i had the fast forward button pressed.

really enjoyed punk and morrisson, although the ending was crap..

austin's appearance was quite funny, telegraphed by a mile (as soon as MVP said beer i, and i assume everyone else knew what was coming)

Rey mysterio i've never really been fond of.. and what was with that silver paint? himself and chavo really looked like they were enjoying their match..

triple h's return was, well, ok.. he got a huge pop, as expected.. he was on raw last night and still appears to have his DX persona, complete with crotch chops, innuendo, crap jokes.. his match with booker was nothing special.. and hhh looks really lean..

i fast forwarded khali and batista, saved me ten minutes of my life..

cena and orton i enjoyed, expected cena to drop the title, but i was wrong.. HHH is going to win the title soon, but i'd like if it was stretched out to wrestlemania against orton, orton looking to kill the "biggest legend in the game", that would be something..

of a 2hr40 event i probably only watched about an hour and a bit.. there's too little quality and not enough content on WWE programming.. but that argument's been done to death at this stage

Advertisement