Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Biscuit cake

• 26-08-2007 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi

Anybody got a good recipe for Chocolate biscuit cake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't really have a recipe for one - I think that it's best made on a bit of a slapdash basis.

I melt milk chocolate in a bowl along with some honey and butter. Then mix in smashed biscuits (digestives usually) along with some chopped up marshmallows, raisins and nut if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

there is another one that goes along the lines of... crushed rich tea biscuits, egg, erm... ok. i have forgottten, but it's one you wrap in tin foil and leave in the freezer. it's an italian dish.

here is a similar recipe.
    http://www.greenandblacks.com/uk/recipedetails.php?rid=2
    http://www.yousaytoo.com/user/yammy/541
    http://www.vegancampaigns.org.uk/resources/recipes/swChocBiscCk.html

i woulld recommend not bothering with the cherries or nuts. just biscuits and chocolate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

A friend of mine makes an amazing one - she puts in Snickers, Milkyways and all that. Sometimes marshmallows and cherries too. Kinda hybrid rockyroad. It tastes amazing... so much so we're having it as our wedding cake!
    I think the trick is - throw everything in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

oooh that sounds so yum olaola, any idea how exactly she makes it??

I think she literally just heats up a pot and throws them all in until they are melted. And then puts it into a baking tray and into the fridge to set.
    She might start it off with a little cream and plain chocolate - to get the liquidyness moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

olaola wrote:
    I think she literally just heats up a pot and throws them all in until they are melted. And then puts it into a baking tray and into the fridge to set.
    She might start it off with a little cream and plain chocolate - to get the liquidyness moving.
    If you melt a mars bar and cool it then it goes really hard, good for sticking stuff together.

Lots of wedding/christening cakes seem to be choc buiscuit now, makes more sense since they keep well for ages, so none goes to waste.

ok, i checked my recipe, which i got from an italian girl.

100g butter, melted
    100g sugar
    1 or 2 eggs, or you can use some golden syrup
    250g of crushed biscuits
    **50g of cocoa powder**

wrap this in tin foil and freeze it for 30+ mins. yum :) very rich.

i couldn't resist and made some on sunday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Heln

ok, i checked my recipe, which i got from an italian girl.

100g butter, melted
    100g sugar
    1 or 2 eggs, or you can use some golden syrup
    250g of crushed biscuits

wrap this in tin foil and freeze it for 30+ mins. yum :) very rich.

i couldn't resist and made some on sunday :D

No chocolate :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Here is a recipie we've had for ages, best CBC ever I guarentee!

4oz butter
    4oz sugar
    1 large egg beaten
    4 oz drinking chocolate
    10 oz crushed Marietta biscuits (just in case you don't know these, this is what they look like http://www.wisechoiceuk.com/ProdImages/jacobsmarietta.jpg)
    Half a teaspoon of vanilla essence
    Sherry

Cream the butter and sugar, beat in the egg and vanilla essence, add the chocolate and sherry (not too much and not too little mind!) and crush the Marietta and stir them in at the end. Pop it in a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper and leave it in the fridge overnight with a weight on top (something like a few tins of beans or whatever is good).

lol!!! ooops! forgot, add a few heaped table spoons of cocoa powder :D

ah, you got me there!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 TScul

Maltesers, mini munchies sweets, mini rolo sweets, any biscuits you like...
    Added them all to my brother's wedding cake - heavenly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Moodoo

TScul wrote: »
    Maltesers, mini munchies sweets, mini rolo sweets, any biscuits you like...
    Added them all to my brother's wedding cake - heavenly

Hi, read your info on Chocolate Biscuit Cake - My sister wants me to make it for her wedding but all the recipes state it will only keep for 2 weeks - how long before the wedding did you make your brother' wedding cake? Did you ice the cake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Moodoo wrote: »
    all the recipes state it will only keep for 2 weeks - how long before the wedding did you make your brother' wedding cake? Did you ice the cake?
    It all depends on the recipie, the more chocolate in it the better, and the more dry buiscuits the better. i.e. chocolate bars out of the wrapper do not go stale. The chocolate encloses it and preserves it, like a wrapper. If there is actual cake in there, (e.g. flour & eggs and it is rising) then it will go stale quicker.

They are excellent "party cakes", none goes to waste as they last so long, and I have never met a person that doesnt like them.

Moodoo wrote: »
    Hi, read your info on Chocolate Biscuit Cake - My sister wants me to make it for her wedding but all the recipes state it will only keep for 2 weeks - how long before the wedding did you make your brother' wedding cake? Did you ice the cake?

My friend made me a CBC for my wedding - I think she made it the night before (or one day before that) and iced it with ganache.

Advertisement