Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane

Options
  • 26-08-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

My car battery is flat. How do I open the casing around the battery in order to recharge it. Or do i have to phone in the morning a get it towed to a garage.
    Help Please thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cannot answer your question but if the battery is flat you could try and push start the car.

Put the car in second gear, keep the clutch in, turn the ignition on. Have someone push the car while you steer, leave the clutch out. The car might jump start for you. If the car starts then take it for a drive for about 20 mins to give the battery a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

The screws around the battety cover are torque style. With a small flat head screwdriver you should be able to open them and remove the cover to get to the battery terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Jumping the Megane off another car might not be the best idea. If its the one with the Key Card Ignition, jumping from another car can feck up the on board computer

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

feck it.. yes its starts by inserting a key card and pressing a button.Any other suggestions or will i give in a get it towed in the morn. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

its just a warning thats in the manual. I spose you could take a chance, but if it did get fecked, id imagine a new ignition system would be expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just take a battery out of another car, then connect jump leads to it to jump start. no big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The likes of halfords do fairly inexpensive battery chargers. might be the best option.

Advertisement