Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AA membership

Options
  • 26-08-2007 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

If I joing the AA today can i use the service immediately. I putting joining it on the long finger- would remember when not near a phone etc. now I need it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

JC43 wrote:
    If I joing the AA today can i use the service immediately. I putting joining it on the long finger- would remember when not near a phone etc. now I need it!

Afaik you can still call the AA out if your not a member but they will charge you a "non members" fee. Probably not cheap but it will get you out of a hole.

Don't have the answer to your question though. Maybe you might get it here: www.theaa.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bazz26 wrote:
    Afaik you can still call the AA out if your not a member but they will charge you a "non members" fee
    They charge a fee of €40 to attend Dublin Airport for non members but I'm not sure if that's a special rate as 95% of their call outs there are just for jump starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

JC43 wrote:

No. You have to wait at least 24 hours between joining and calling them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

thanks everyone. Will defo join up tomorrow.regardless - always the same ..leave things to the last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

JC43 wrote:
    Will defo join up tomorrow.regardless - always the same ..leave things to the last minute
    Why not do it NOW! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

CHeck your car insurance, it is included as standard with many policies, I get it "free" with AXA, and I think it is available with hibernian also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

I know the OP asked about the AA but the RAC will allow new members to call them out immediately. The car wouldnt start for me a 2 years ago so I called and joined over the phone and they called out straight away. The AA wouldnt deal with me at all.

Advertisement