Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

genzyme

Options
  • 26-08-2007 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

whats genzyme in waterford like to work for , any body here work in the lab I have an interview coming up as a qc chemist?any help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

whats genzyme in waterford like to work for , any body here work in the lab I have an interview coming up as a qc chemist?any help would be great
    i used to do security in there and have to say there is good atmosphere in there every1 is sound and they have some good social nights out i.e. summer bbq,social events like quizzes and stuff basically it all about the drink! good luck with it anyway hope ya get it

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I know people who work in Genzyme and those who used to work there. Haven't heard any bad about it from any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭kensutz

If I was to leave my current job, Genzyme would be top of the list to apply for.

a person would be lucky to get in there believe me i used see all the applications coming in every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I happened to get into a conversation with a couple of people whose brothers work there today and they say it's not so good any more. They are changing shift patterns and contracts and they say this is making a fair few people leave. Apparently, the new contracts don't give any extra pay for bank holidays or Christmas day work, for example.

That's just what I heard. Can't vouch for accuracy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Typhoon

:) best of luck with it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

I am at the final stage interview for the role of manufacturing team member, does anyone know what the salary for this job is before shift

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭kensutz

Because of no unions it's negotiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

kensutz wrote: »
    Because of no unions it's negotiable.

Just because there are no unions, doesn't make it really negotiable. Private sector jobs offer a particular salary depending on the position, and the margin for negotiation above that is usually very small, except in the case of upper-level executive appointments. That margin will only be used if they're desperate to hire someone in a hurry, they want you but you're threatening to work for the competition instead, or you have some rare skill that they're planning to make use of (and not tell you). Most hiring managers have a budget for a position, which they can't stray outside of.

Trouble is, the salary is never published, but if you research salary surveys for your job type and area of the country, you can be damn sure that the same rough number will keep coming up, time and time again. Add 2 or 3 k to that and when the question comes up at interview, tell them with utter confidence that that's what you want. Just don't be disappointed when you get offered the original figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

my brother worked there before he went out to australia last year and he loved it, said it was a great place to work

id nearly apply there meself only for i like AOL too much, i must be the only one:D

• Advertisement

BazBox wrote: »
    my brother worked there before he went out to australia last year and he loved it, said it was a great place to work

id nearly apply there meself only for i like AOL too much, i must be the only one:D
    your not colin curtains bro are ya by any chance???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

I dont have the interview for 6 weeks .Basically its 2 interviews one is hr based and the other is technical and there both back to back and thats will be it.Does anyone know what I should expect,has anyone here done it?

your not colin curtains bro are ya by any chance???

I am indeed, i knew id bump into someone in here who knows him:D

BazBox wrote: »
    I am indeed, i knew id bump into someone in here who knows him:D
    ah i knows colin well i used to do security up there when he worked there tell him ger phelan was askin for him

ah i knows colin well i used to do security up there when he worked there tell him ger phelan was askin for him

next time im talkin to him il pass it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Sorry to dig up an old thread but just wondering how timetogetfit got on at the interviews for Genzyme? Did you do an aptitude test? Someone I know is submitting an application form and is wondering what the next step might be.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

luvlylady wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but just wondering how timetogetfit got on at the interviews for Genzyme? Did you do an aptitude test? Someone I know is submitting an application form and is wondering what the next step might be.

Has not been on Boards since 08-07-2008 - so maybe sending him a PM might get to him quicker? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Will do, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 screwtape

Anyone know if they employ Pharmaceutical Technicians?!?!?

screwtape wrote: »
    Anyone know if they employ Pharmaceutical Technicians?!?!?
    afaik they do???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 screwtape

afaik they do???

Any idea what do they do there, I ask out of a vested interest in getting back to Waterford full time?? Oh yeah I'm a pharmacy tech!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Bards

screwtape wrote: »
    Any idea what do they do there, I ask out of a vested interest in getting back to Waterford full time?? Oh yeah I'm a pharmacy tech!!!

http://www.genzyme.com/

afaik they make the Renagel tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steveob87

Hi guys

Does anybody know if Genzyme do a weekend shift or any factory in waterford City?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Steveob87 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Does anybody know if Genzyme do a weekend shift or any factory in waterford City?

Bausch and lomb do, they are hiring at the moment as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 loumccourj

Does anyone know what genzymes Christmas break is like, if they have one? Been offered a job in the micro lab but dealing with a recruitment agency. Guy said today I'll probably be working Christmas day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

loumccourj wrote: »
    Does anyone know what genzymes Christmas break is like, if they have one? Been offered a job in the micro lab but dealing with a recruitment agency. Guy said today I'll probably be working Christmas day?

As far as I know they don't shut down. The drugs they make are too important and only made by them so they need to be in constant production. Surely you should be aware of this if you've just been offered a job?

O Riain wrote: »
    As far as I know they don't shut down. The drugs they make are too important and only made by them so they need to be in constant production. Surely you should be aware of this if you've just been offered a job?

Oh okay. No it was never mentioned to me, but to be honest the agency I'm going through have been nothing but a headache. Will have to move a considerable distance to waterford so not quite willing to spend Christmas day by myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

loumccourj wrote: »
    Oh okay. No it was never mentioned to me, but to be honest the agency I'm going through have been nothing but a headache. Will have to move a considerable distance to waterford so not quite willing to spend Christmas day by myself!

Double check before you make a decision! I could be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

a company like Genzyme will survival if they shut for christmas day. these companies have some cheek asking hard working employees to be working such a day. employees well being is more important than profits.

• Advertisement

I don't care about any other day, just don't want to be away from family on that day. Have heard that they're great to work for but when I heard I might have to work Christmas day I was uncertain about them. Hopefully HR get back to me quick enough on Monday!

Advertisement