Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using 3datamodem: MORE Eircom E-mail issues.

Options
  • 26-08-2007 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, if you've read any of my previous posts, I have a 3datamodem stuck to my bedroom window and using Internet Connection Sharing to share this to my main PC, 3 rooms away. Works like a dream. 5 bars and connection doesnt drop. BUT, as was mentioned before, there are issues accessing PO3 and SMTP on the Eircom network.

NOW, it seems that Eircom have done something to block the webmail access to Eircom accounts as well. It had been working fine, but at the start of last week, I logged in to webmail.eircom.net , clicked on Inbox, thing prompts me to log in again. This happens over and over and over.

Eircom - Even when you're not on their broadband network, they still try to mess things up for you. My email account is a business account, so I can just go use g-mail.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Okay, if you've read any of my previous posts, I have a 3datamodem stuck to my bedroom window and using Internet Connection Sharing to share this to my main PC, 3 rooms away. Works like a dream. 5 bars and connection doesnt drop. BUT, as was mentioned before, there are issues accessing PO3 and SMTP on the Eircom network.

NOW, it seems that Eircom have done something to block the webmail access to Eircom accounts as well. It had been working fine, but at the start of last week, I logged in to webmail.eircom.net , clicked on Inbox, thing prompts me to log in again. This happens over and over and over.

Eircom - Even when you're not on their broadband network, they still try to mess things up for you. My email account is a business account, so I can just go use g-mail.

Can you prove this allegation? I have just accessed Eircom webmail from a Smart connection no problem. The purpose of webmail is to allow access from any computer so why would Eircom sabotage 3 in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Sounds more like your just having problems with 3, Afaik this is 3's fault. Look through the 3 thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

My eircom POP and even eircom SMTP working from non-eircom network. Must be a 3 problem.

There does seem to be problems with FTP to upload eircom "free" webhosting if you are not connected via eircom.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

watty wrote:
    My eircom POP and even eircom SMTP working from non-eircom network. Must be a 3 problem.

There does seem to be problems with FTP to upload eircom "free" webhosting if you are not connected via eircom.

I dont think its a problem I think its policy. As far as I know they wont allow you to do account related stuff from outside the Eircom network. For instance you cannot change your password from outside the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

I'm having similar problems with my Eircom webmail. Everytime I went to get into my inbox after logging in it would kick me out again saying that my session expired. This kept happening when I went to read individual emails, and cos I was on 3 it took forever to log into Eircom again! Grrrrrrr!

But I was in a friend's house last night and I was using their broadband. I managed to log in fine and read emails no problem. But I sent a test email to my friend and he still hasn't received it nearly 24 hours later.

So I'm not too sure if it's 3 causing the problems. Judging by last night it would seem that eircom's webmail is having a bit of a hissy fit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The easiest way to deal with the email issues is to get a GMail account and add the Eircom one to it. GMail will access the Eircom mailserver and pop all teh emails into your GMail Inbox.

No problem with Eircom blocking or anything else for that matter.

Alternatively you can use www.mail2web.com free and easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

rrpc wrote:
    The easiest way to deal with the email issues is to get a GMail account and add the Eircom one to it. GMail will access the Eircom mailserver and pop all teh emails into your GMail Inbox.

No problem with Eircom blocking or anything else for that matter.

Alternatively you can use www.mail2web.com free and easy to use.

Both good solutions, and I can recieve and send eircom webmail from my smart account.

Noticed before that outlook would not work with eircom unless on eircom broadband, (would recieve, but would not send) and as a previous poster said, uploading to their web space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

dingding wrote:
    Noticed before that outlook would not work with eircom unless on eircom broadband, (would recieve, but would not send) and as a previous poster said, uploading to their web space.

If you want to set up Outlook for such a scenario, use a different SMTP server, your BB provider should have their own one. Same POP server and same email address as before.

FTP is still a problem though, haven't found a workaround for that yet.

Advertisement