Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Membership

Options
  • 26-08-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Anyone want to recommend good leisure centres around town? Must be reasonably priced for student

Had a look at Hilton leisure centre today- its the sex lol!:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

JJB on Childers Road is great, and at 45 a month its cheaper than most hotel gyms (as far as I know).

If you're in UL, that has a great gym for its students too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

JJB, Childers Rd. is reasonable, as far as I know.

Student - where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

+1 For UL

Facilities are great and its never hugely busy and the pool is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'm a member at JJB's
    great gym, all the facilities you'd need, my membership is up on the 7th of september (I did it for 3 months over the summer at a total cost of €120) definetly worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Hilton's ****e...no offence...it's like a cave in there...pool's pretty cool but the actual gym equipment room is tiny.
    I'd also say JJB...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Quality Inn up in Roxboro has a gym. Not sure how much membership is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

im a member of the gym at the quality hotel (or club vitae to give it its proper title) and i paid 150 for 3 months. but if you go for a year its 65 for the first month and 35 for every month thereafter.

not the cheapest BUT the gym is fantastic with a huge selection of weight machines, free weights and cardio.

pool is pretty cool as well. jacuzzi is tops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

out of the gyms i have been in:

JJB>Quality Hotel>Dooradoyle>Hilton (****e)

Advertisement