Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX360 fault and warranty query

• 26-08-2007 8:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Gah, just my luck.

Sat down yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the first few hours of Bioshock.

Turned it on just now for part 2, but after about 6 mins play, the game froze. No red rings, but white dotted lines (8 or 9 of them) down the tv screen.

So rebooted and restarted only for the same thing to happen twice more.

Then put in another game and the both froze in the same manner within 5 mins. Again, no rings of death.

I have my 360 since about December, and I don't think I have 100 hours put up on it tbh.

Anyone else experience the same? I never sent away any warranty or anything, is it still covered by an automatic 1-year warranty?

Any help/suggestions on what to do are appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah it's still covered. Just get on to MS, you shouldn't have any problems getting it fixed. You may need your receipt but I've heard they don't ask for it most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I had the same thing. Initially freezing with white lines and a few days later the red rings. Under EU rules consumer goods have a 2 year warranty and as all xboxes are less than 2 years old Microsoft shouldn't need a receipt. The bad news is you could be without it for 3-4 weeks while it's in repair

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Under EU rules consumer goods have a 2 year warranty

I looked into this a while ago and sadly this doesn't apply here. When the EU directive was translated into Irish law they decided to leave out the bit about 2 years :rolleyes:.

But MS will cover RROD related faults for 3 years anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

you have a three year warrenty and you dont need a receipt
    just ring CS and they will ask you for the serial number located where the usb plugs are located at the front of the machine.

thats all i needed anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bring it back to the shop where you purchased it if you have the receipt. If not go to MS and get them to repair it for free. The shop would be alot easier for you as you'd leave with a new box, whereas with MS you gotta wait like half a month for your box to come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Bring it back to the shop where you purchased it if you have the receipt. If not go to MS and get them to repair it for free. The shop would be alot easier for you as you'd leave with a new box, whereas with MS you gotta wait like half a month for your box to come back.
    i got mine in xtra vision and when it broke i brought it back to them and theymade me send it back to MS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

FutureGuy wrote:
    Gah, just my luck.

Sat down yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the first few hours of Bioshock.

Turned it on just now for part 2, but after about 6 mins play, the game froze. No red rings, but white dotted lines (8 or 9 of them) down the tv screen.

So rebooted and restarted only for the same thing to happen twice more.

Then put in another game and the both froze in the same manner within 5 mins. Again, no rings of death.

I have my 360 since about December, and I don't think I have 100 hours put up on it tbh.

Anyone else experience the same? I never sent away any warranty or anything, is it still covered by an automatic 1-year warranty?

Any help/suggestions on what to do are appreciated.

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. 8 vertical bands, half moving, half static - sometimes preceeded by a sharp screech/bleep for half a second. This was happening for a bout a week, then three red lights yesterday. Bought mine in December as well.

Phoned up MS yesterday, went thru all the steps got three red lights two times, they're now taking the console in for repairs. Only thing is now the console seems to be working fine again, played Bioshock for 5 hours without incident. This presents a problem, will the techs bother repairing the machine if it boots up perfectly for them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Oafley Jones, thats my problem too, it'll work fine for an hour and then the white lines. The next time it might take 5 mins and it'll happen again.

And now you mention it, there was that bleep too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JohnG2176

Has anyone come across the screen getting a yellow tinge periodically, comes and goes every now and again.

JohnG2176 wrote:
    Has anyone come across the screen getting a yellow tinge periodically, comes and goes every now and again.

Are you connected via component? Sounds like a problem with the video cables.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JohnG2176

Hooked up to a non HD tv, all the cable connections are secure, is there a track record of dodgy video cables?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Bought mine in December as well.
    mine is currently in repairs, got mine in xtravisoin in early december aswell, seems like the december ones are failing at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Got mine in January, from Xtravision also, 3 red rings!

Advertisement