Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pedal covers

Options
  • 26-08-2007 9:58pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick query; the accelerator on my peugeot has no black rubber pedal bit to put your foot on like the other two, just the metal thingy.. (honestly, I'm not a mechanic!) Would a garage have to fix this or is there somewhere you could just buy a pedal cover? I saw pedal pads advertised in argos but they say 'just screw onto existing pedal covers' and since there's none there that could be problematic.. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Your peugeot dealer will be albe to supply you with a new pedal rubber,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Pedal rubbers are available from the main dealer and are inexpensive.

However, quite a few makes and models have no rubber on the accelerator pedal. I'm not sure about Peugeot, but VW never had pedal rubbers on the accelerator until recently - only since the introduction of FBW (afaik).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

i no the 306 up to the 00 model did not have any acc rubber cover and i dont think you could buy 1. why doo you want it anyway jst out of interest:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well I'm only learning and the pedal without the cover just feels weird. I have a '95 Peugeot 106.. does anyone know if this is the way the accelerator meant to be then?

Advertisement