Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overclockin quick questions

Options
  • 26-08-2007 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

quick few questions, jus started ocing with new mobo.

wats the benefit of sli ram?
    why do i have to disable it when ocing?
    whats the max voltage i should put on my e6600 with a scyth ninja?
    my ram clock speeds are on auto @ 5 5 5 15 (me thinks), it says 4 4 4 15 on the module tho, should i set it to 4 4 4 15?

cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

You just have to un-link it from your fsb when you overclock not disable it.
    Max voltage = max heat you want the lowest voltage for a stable overclock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ah ok, cool. i thought sli ram means that its just compatible with an sli system, like when a mobo or psu say sli. why can u enable and disable it then?...wouldnt it jus register 2 grfx cards automaticaly. is there any benefit of having it enabled on a single grafix card rig?

one more question remains...." my ram clock speeds are on auto @ 5 5 5 15 (me thinks), it says 4 4 4 15 on the module tho, should i set it to 4 4 4 15? "

set it to 4 4 4 15 2T also set yout ram and cpu voltage do not leave it on auto.

alright cool, will set the ram timings. had the ram already set to 2.2v, one thing is tho, in bios if i set vcore to 1.35 for example, cpuz or speedfan will tell me its at 1.27 or sumthin. all power saving stuff is off. this reading is at load. WTF?

Cpuz never reports the right voltage set it to 1.4ov in the bios if its not stable you can go higher 1.45 should give you a good overclock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

To answer your questions.

Sli memory is : http://www.behardware.com/news/8167/nvidia-annonce-sli-memory-ou-epp.html

Yes, you should disable it when overclocking, it does not make a huge difference but it does. If you leave it on you will find you can't push your memory as far.

With a ninja, depending on cooling i would say 1.4 is the max, as it is a good cooler, but not the best out there. Just keep a eye on your temps. If they stay under 60c when under full load then you are fine. Just dont let them go any higher.

Go to your memory makers website, and get all the timings and specs, go into the bios and change them to that.

my overclock is currently at 3ghz and perfectly stable at 1.27v (12 hour (ish) orthos load) stayin around 53-55 at that with room temp at 22.

thamks for that anti...so sli ram is really jus a bit of a gimmick then huh...
    i actually havnt set about overclocking my ram just yet, im pretty new to overclocking, so im takin it easy.

does overclocking deterierate components faster?....well to a noticable extent?

Advertisement