Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bioshock big daddy (possible spoilers)

• 26-08-2007 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Spoiler alert.

I have just killed my first big daddy on the 1st level. Now I see another one on the level. Do I need to kill this guy too or can I avoid him? I have saved 2 little sisters so far. Do the big daddies appear randomly or are they meant to be dispatched when encountered?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

I just kill them all anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moojuice wrote:
    Spoiler alert.

I have just killed my first big daddy on the 1st level. Now I see another one on the level. Do I need to kill this guy too or can I avoid him? I have saved 2 little sisters so far. Do the big daddies appear randomly or are they meant to be dispatched when encountered?

Thanks

There are many Big Daddies you will have to fight throughout. You only NEED to fight the ones with Little Sisters attatched / for certain objectives. If they are just wandering aimlessly (quite a sad sight once you have saved/harvested their sister and they have nothing to live for :( ) you can leave them be, or more effectively, use certain plasmids *cough* hypnotise Big Daddy *cough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Thanks Johnny. I just assumed they had to be wiped out. I think this guy was on his own. Poor lonely big daddies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I bet if we got to know them they are real nice people :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ULTRA
    you can become a big daddy later on ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm too scared to read that ultra spoiler...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, don't read that spoiler unless you've finished the game. Seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

When you press start there's little icons down the bottom representing each little sister/big daddy combo on the level.

Also don't read any lists of the achievements for the game cause that ruined the ultra spoiler for me before the game was even out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Moojuice wrote:
    Spoiler alert.

Thanks

Once you have killed the big daddies that protect the little sisters on a level (pause the game with the options menu to see how many little sisters are on each level, any with a logo with a big daddy over her shoulder is unrescued/unhavested) the other big daddies are around for you to manipulate.

For example
    later in the game you get a "hypnotize big daddy" plasmid that makes him guard you as if he was guarding a little sister

Advertisement