Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed Killing

Options
  • 26-08-2007 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know how long after spraying an area with Round up should I plant some grass seed and a couple of plants? The area at the moment is clear of anything, it's just soil but had been overtaken by the dreaded bindweed.

I can see it popping up again from underground so hopefully this stuff does it job. But would like to prepare the area for planting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

If the soil is bare except for bindweed, try growing the bindweed up bamboo poles or something. Then when it's good and healthy, or a good growth, but before it seeds, remove it from the pole and place it (still connected to the root in the ground) into a plastic bag. apply roundup and leave in the plastic bag.

The rest of the ground will be safe to plant up.

good luck, it's a hard weed to eradicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Realtine wrote:

I can see it popping up again from underground so hopefully this stuff does it job. But would like to prepare the area for planting.

Some interesting reading for you on BINDWEED.
    If only our more favored plants would grow as well or as rampantly.

Advertisement