Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with the latch on a newish PVC window

Options
  • 26-08-2007 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I'm having problems with the window upstairs, it's a relatively new house, 6 years old, standard double-glazed PVC windows throughout. I'm guessing they're the same ones that go into all new houses.

The handle isn't locking the window anymore, when I look at the bits on the side of the window that are supposed to slide up and down they're not moving at all.

I took the handle off and saw that there's a square bit that goes into the window, and the bit inside it seems broken. The handle just spins inside it.

At the moment I'm just pulling the window shut, but I obviously can't lock it and it's not fully closing either.

Anyone know if it's possible to replace the bit inside the window, and where to get it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

in north co dub see window doctor on 890 1396, they are in swords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

hi, thanks for that, i took the window lock off this morning and gave window doctor a ring.

the fella there told me it's gonna be 125 euro to fix, which seemed a bit steep.

so i checked good ole google for the lock manufacturer and found out they have premises in the kilbarrack industrial estate. drove there and bought a new lock for 5 euro.. that's value for money!

in case anyone else needs this type of stuff in the future, if the manufacturer is mila you can give them a shout at 01 8390402

Advertisement