Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water cooling!

• 26-08-2007 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hello!!

Im looking for some advice on water cooling! Im completely new to it so any help would be appreciated!

Ive been thinking about purchasing the following...
    CPU-300-V10 (CPU), [10mm, 3/8"]
    Exos-2, Black [10mm, 3/8"]

Just a couple of questions about this... Are these two compatible with one another from what I see they are both have 10mm tubing...:confused:

also im pretty sure it is compatible with my board nForce 680i SLI 775
    Would it be worth buying northbridge and south bridge water blocks?? Any advantages for overclocking... :confused:
    My reason for wanting water cooling is just for lower CPU temp and something that looks good :D ... Im not really fussed about noise !

Cheers ! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If you really do want to go with watercooling, make sureyou have the patience of a saint. And it will completly wreck your head.... Big time..

But if you are going to go down this route i would reccomend you forget about the all in 1 kits. They are usually ****e.

This:

http://www.watercoolingshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=525

Is a high end kit, and you can change the components of it. I would reccomend you going for a tripple rad as you want to cool the whole motherboard.

Also to answer your earlier question, yes watercooling the Nb and SB + cpu will considerably lower the temps, and allow you a much higher overclock.

And make sure you do not go for red coolant. The stuff ends up pink.... Trust me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

over-clock.com also do kits and sell a massive range of produces.

i would say for you to go for thermochill 360,swiftech gtx,laing d5,res,siftech NB
    +sB block and ek/dd gpu block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

awhir wrote:
    over-clock.com also do kits and sell a massive range of produces.

i would say for you to go for thermochill 360,swiftech gtx,laing d5,res,siftech NB
    +sB block and ek/dd gpu block.

That would be a nice setup. And not to expensive either. Just make sure you get a ass load of tubing. Last thing you want to do is run out.

Advertisement