Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Music in Dublin

Options
  • 26-08-2007 11:50pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know any good clubs for house music in Dublin? Having moved back from the UK where they are everywhere, I'm dying to escape from the awful ****ing chart music that seems to get played in every nightclub I end up in...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Check out bodytonic.com

They run a night at Tripod on Fridays called Stereotonic, that would be their main straight-up house and deep-house offering. Mui bien any time I've visited.

21st of September should be good fun, Webster, Greg Wilson, Jori Hulkokokonenen (sp).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kebab face

Try wax opposite Dakota on south william St (Friday nights) , or Acii Disco is good in Temple Bar ...although it's a bit of a dive inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 padsc

Dragon bar on George's Street is also good Friday and Saturday nights. It's officially a gay bar but you get a good few straights in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

padsc wrote:
    Dragon bar on George's Street is also good Friday and Saturday nights. It's officially a gay bar but you get a good few straights in there too.

is it true to say all the gay clubs get the best house music first?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

padsc wrote:

yeah this is mainly a gay bar. i've lots of gay friends so i've been in here a lot of times and the music is top notch friday or saturday. there would be a few straight people in here but they would mainly be friends of gays or straight people who are known on "the scene"

go in with an open mind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Any gay club I've ever been to has been on the cheesier side of house for my tastes, but having said that I've not been to a great many...

House music as a genre is pretty wide-reaching, but for the deeper end of things the birthday bash in Tripod this Friday 21st promises to be a great night. Jori Hulkonnen, Charles Webster with Greg Wilson in the bar.

Advertisement