Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

02 not eleasing unlock code

• 27-08-2007 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭

I have been an O2 billpay customer for the last 11 months & have accumilated bills totaling €2000 over that time period.
    Yet, I have been waiting over 40 days for an unlock code for my handset.... which was bought when i signed up for the contract from O2.
    I have been in regular contact with 02 over emails.. but am having no joy...
    Can anybody advise me what my next step is?? Im planning on switching network at the end of my contract and want to keep my handset (Sony k800i)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Today i saw someone get an unlock code for a k800 on o2 bill pay in a matter of seconds with zero hassle. Call them and insist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got my E65 unlock code about 20 seconds into my contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

chrislad wrote:
    I got my E65 unlock code about 20 seconds into my contract.

Which begs the question -why do they bother locking them, if this is so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

culabula wrote:
    Which begs the question -why do they bother locking them, if this is so?

Completely agree. All bill phones should be either unlocked when you get them or the code sent to you once your cooling off period is over. I cannot see the point in keeping them locked when you're on, at least, a 12 month contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thecutter wrote:
    I have been an O2 billpay customer for the last 11 months & have accumilated bills totaling €2000 over that time period.
    Yet, I have been waiting over 40 days for an unlock code for my handset.... which was bought when i signed up for the contract from O2.
    I have been in regular contact with 02 over emails.. but am having no joy...
    Can anybody advise me what my next step is?? Im planning on switching network at the end of my contract and want to keep my handset (Sony k800i)

as long as the code is on file in customer care you should get the nuc instantly, there is a huge backlog with getting sony codes at the mo though so ring 1909 and ask,your imei should be registered to your account and if its there should get it straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭tech

i got my Peral 8100 unlocked within 10 days, takes longer for Perals I was told, they called me back and gave it to me no hassle, this was on the 2nd day on a new contract :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In the case of sony erricson phones the network provider has to go to sony. For other types of phone, they might have the codes themselves.

Believe it or not generally the networks have no prob unlocking at any point as long as you are on a contract. I definitely think that if you ring, or walk into an o2 store and get them to ring for you, this would get resolved much quicker.

Advertisement