Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overreliance on technology

Options
  • 27-08-2007 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

This happened to me tonight and i thought it was just about funny enough to post. But only just.

My girlfriend and i were in dublin city and two foreigners asked us where the clifton court hotel was. I didnt know so i whipped out the phone and googled it. I found its website and got the address. He took out his sat nav and typed in the address, clicked navigate and then said "oh there it is". It was about 20 metres from us and we could see it from where we were standing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Does this not belong in after hours?? wheres the punchline??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I thought of after hours after posting it but i posted it from my phone so it was too much effort to delete it and post again

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

endplate wrote:
    Does this not belong in after hours?? wheres the punchline??:D
    Well, I found it funny! Warning, nerds @ work :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

This happened to me tonight and i thought it was just about funny enough to post. But only just.

My girlfriend and i were in dublin city and two foreigners asked us where the clifton court hotel was. I didnt know so i whipped out the phone and googled it. I found its website and got the address. He took out his sat nav and typed in the address, clicked navigate and then said "oh there it is". It was about 20 metres from us and we could see it from where we were standing
    Thats funny actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

found it quite amusing as well ... cheers for sharing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Yes quite an amusing anecdote there, maybe you should embellish it with,

"so my girlfriend kicked him in the nads, I grabbed his Sat Nav and we ran off down the street, and he couldn't follow us cause we'd just robbed his Sat Nav!"

But I don't condone violence against tourists in anyway...

Advertisement