Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vindicated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

He has mentioned telling us all on boards.ie that what we are doing is in fact illegal and I as a boards.ie moderator am misleading people to commit illegal acts.

He has said he will take this to other forms of media if I don't let him have his say on wikipedia. Where he also mentioned boards.ie.

Now I am starting to think this guys threats have gone beyond just airsoft and are including boards.ie too. For which in my opinion he deserves a siteban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Keep this going, will get some interest in the sport.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=830

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

o1s1n wrote:

Now I am starting to think this guys threats have gone beyond just airsoft and are including boards.ie too. For which in my opinion he deserves a siteban.

I think people have been banned in the past for saying they would sue boards.ie. Sounds like something simiar is happening here so maybe it will come to that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The thing is if we were all teenagers then I would understand his stance, most of us are adults who have never had a run in with the law and certainly would not be doing something that would cause us legal issues.

It makes me wonder if its one of the lentil brigade from Indymedia continuing their crusade. Airsoft is a relatively new hobby for me, I have spend a fair bit of cash on it. I have done a lot of checking before I did and I for one have no doubts that with the law as it currently stands it is legal (once you keep to below 1joule).

If it gets more of us lard arses out in the open running around then it’s a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Given the nick, I think he's just out to needle, tbh ...

... though I suppose it could derive from something else ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It seems Needle is just a little pissed because Airsofters don't need a licence/permit for their airsoft guns, but poor Needle has to get one for his real guns.

Sounds like jealousy.

Judging by the public response at the 'Salute' show over the weekend, Airsoft is here to stay. There was massive interest and not a single negative comment was heard all weekend (at least not by me). I'm sure we will be seeing alot more new players over the next few weeks.

So Needle, you can push this as much as you like. We really don't mind the advertising that you provide for the sport. In fact...thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

It seems Needle is just a little pissed because Airsofters don't need a licence/permit for their airsoft guns, but poor Needle has to get one for his real guns.

Sounds like jealousy.

Oh no, don't tell me he is an actual firearms licence holder?
    Gives us other licence holders a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

o1s1n wrote:
    He has said he will take this to other forms of media if I don't let him have his say on wikipedia. Where he also mentioned boards.ie.
    Can you cite these, or was it in PM?

Master of the Universe

This was from his wikipedia threat in the edit section. I posted it up in my first reply. Someone's after editing the wikipedia entry again in the last hour back to our favour. They removed the threat. It's a shame as I wanted to keep that there as long as possible so the wiki admins could have a look.

As far as I know it's all logged anyway and can be rolled back easily enough.

The excerpt in question, which was aimed at me, referring by name;

I have taken legal advice and posted for your benefit on boards.ie - and STILL you some out with this ****e.

I am going to continuously edit and re-edit this site - I'm not gonna let some knob-jockey like you pull the wool over peoples eyes.

Failing that, I'll ring up a load of radio stations and publicise the matter that way.
    You try to remove my comments/interpretation, then I'll come at you like a ****ing hurricane on another media.

He also mentioned the media in his last feedback thread which DeVore was none to happy with

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53177353&postcount=25

I am just getting sick to death of this guys threats and constant gos at me for promoting an "illegal activity".

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, it's all logged away, I took a look at what he wrote. He didn't expressly mention boards.ie there, or otherwise make a legal thread, but if he does begin dragging either the airsoft forum here or boards.ie in general, into his little campaign, then I'll happily siteban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Despite the fact that this thread was started simply the harass 01s1n, its actually turned out to be quite informative. Have not tried airsoft yet, but it sounds like it could be fun way to spend a sunday afternoon, instead of propping up the bar in my local.

Man, just had a Homer Simpson moment.....beer...airsoft...beer...airsoft :confused:

Master of the Universe

Duiske_Lad wrote:
    Despite the fact that this thread was started simply the harass 01s1n, its actually turned out to be quite informative. Have not tried airsoft yet, but it sounds like it could be fun way to spend a sunday afternoon, instead of propping up the bar in my local.

Man, just had a Homer Simpson moment.....beer...airsoft...beer...airsoft :confused:

Airsoft then beer usually works for me. Sitting around with a couple of pints retelling your days stories of wins and defeats is almost as fun as playing in itself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Has to be said, I'm thinking of getting in on some of this airsoft fun myself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I should really thank this needles guy, as frankly, if he hadn't gotten up on his soap box I wouldn't even have considered airsoft. Now I'll give it a shot.

Jesus, even the title of this thread pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Ok Iv had enough of this crap, the guy is a Troll. I know Oisin outside this little electronic world and this Needles_Two guy is making Libellous statements towards him that are completly unfounded.

Needles_Two is obviously just a keyboard warrior with a chip on his shoulder towards Airsoft, and that in itself is fine because everyone has the right to their opinion...however when he starts making accusations and libellous remarks towards a person then he's gone too far.

Also the person he is accusing is a Mod so I would've thought thats when the Admins would've stepped in and banned him outright as it is technically Boards.ie that he is using as his medium to make these remarks and have them publicised.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Eh...the CJA 2006 couldn't make it any more obvious that airguns CAN be legal i.e when the muzzle energy is less than or equal to 1 joule.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Preusse wrote:
    Oh no, don't tell me he is an actual firearms licence holder?
    Gives us other licence holders a bad name.

Worse, I think he sells firearms.

I'm basing that assumption on this excert from one of his posts:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53162155&postcount=3

Quote:
    "The issue arose when I investigated holding a number of AEGs as stock"

Maybe he feels that airsoft is a direct threat to his business since people might choose to spend their money on buying an airsoft gun rather than joining a gun club and spending money on firearms???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmm the more I think about the more I am convinced that he is Oisin's alter ego, drumming up interest in Airsoft by using a sophisticated viral marketing technique :D

Master of the Universe

gandalf wrote:
    Hmm the more I think about the more I am convinced that he is Oisin's alter ego, drumming up interest in Airsoft by using a sophisticated viral marketing technique :D

I only wish I were that smart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

gandalf wrote:
    i muppet checked him just to make sure it wasn't:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

For someone who claims his initial post was a "just so you know" post for people here, he seems a little over the top on the whole subject. I know if i give someone a just letting you know piece of advice and they dont take it, i simply forget about it, not threaten them with media and constantly changing wikipedia sites. Obviously he has some other agenda here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

can i just point out to you all this retard seems to only post in the early hours of the morning(from this thread and 1 on other forum bout every1 shud have a gun) so my detective mind is think this bloke probably does night shift work, has never touched a women and is bored off his tits and does this for the laff (not that funny after a while) or hes a stupid fat american kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Maybe he feels that airsoft is a direct threat to his business since people might choose to spend their money on buying an airsoft gun rather than joining a gun club and spending money on firearms???

Hmmm, paintball sites also import 'firearms' a la markers. One of them feeling threatened perhaps? I hope not because imo airsoft and paintball can co-exist and indeed serve different markets in how they're played. A stag-party, for example, just woudln't "get" the honour-system of taking your hits in airsoft in all likelihood.

Oh, and hey Guys, just got back from Ground-Zero (south-England) this evening. 1100+ people from the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Russia, the USA, etc. for three days of airsoft sporting goodness despite the sweltering heat and some incredibly demanding terrain.

Dublin airport security didn't bat an eyelid when I declared what I was carrying. So much for needle's "vindication".

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Got a gun, fact I got two
    Thats o.k. man, cuz I love god
    Glorified version of a pellet gun
    Feels so manly, when armed
    Glorified version of a pellet gun (4x)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Has to be said, I'm thinking of getting in on some of this airsoft fun myself. ;)

I'm taking cormac to HRTA this weekend. Myself and mate go every other weekend so if you want to give it a go in dublin drop me a pm at some stage. That said there are probably places in the north alot closer to you then HRTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Terry wrote:
    Got a gun, fact I got two
    Thats o.k. man, cuz I love god
    Glorified version of a pellet gun
    Feels so manly, when armed
    Glorified version of a pellet gun (4x)

Pearl Jam = teh win.

Master of the Universe

RuggieBear wrote:
    i muppet checked him just to make sure it wasn't:D

Hey! Maybe you're needles two trying to cover your tracks...

>paranoid delusions< Maybe you're ALL NEEDLES TWO!

Now I is confused :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

o1s1n wrote:
    There is a sticky all about the legality in the airsoft forum.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055003480

Since the 2006 firearms act they are no longer classed as a firearm if they are under 1 joule of power.

We have had this confirmed by Gardai, legal bodies, customs and others.

It's well beyond the point of legal confirmation. The sport is taking off rapidly and interest is growing an a phenomenal rate. We just had demonstration and tent at the Salute show this weekend in Swords. People were very very interested.

The only people who weren't interested were the Gardai on patrol at the event.

Not exactly true, an interest was shown on sunday, albeit discretly as one or two may or may not have noticed. all in a good way i might add

Master of the Universe

Not exactly true, an interest was shown on sunday, albeit discretly as one or two may or may not have noticed. all in a good way i might add

Ah right. I was only there on Saturday myself. I was talking more about attention of the negative kind though. Of which there was none from what I saw or heard.

So they were showing an interest in a good way? excellent. Wouldn't hurt to get a few more of them on board.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

This is great. Dont think Needles Two realises how many people are showing an interest in the sport simply from his posts :D

Advertisement