Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk's new Horse Track

Options
  • 27-08-2007 7:43am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone make it to the opening yesterday? How did it go? Was it well organized?

Couldn't make it myself though I'm looking forward to the next meeting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Couldn't make it myself either, but the biggest gripe I'm hearing is about the queues at the bar. I believe the attendance was around 8000, but I'm open to correction. It can only have been a nightmare, it's bad enough at the dog meetings - the inside is just too small. However that 8000 was probably only an anomaly, I'm sure a good percentage just wanted to be at the Dundalk social highlight of the year. I'll be reserving judgement until I've had the chance to attend several meetings.

The track as a whole looks great though, especially when the lights are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I heard it was about 7000 at it. I too heard of the woeful bar experience on the day. I will reserve judgement until I get to a few meetings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

Yeah I heard that it was impossible to get served at the bar......boooooo :(

Apart from that it was meant to be great!

Advertisement