Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dumping Ground

Options
  • 27-08-2007 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

What the hell is happening in the thunderdrome? People just seem to throw random stuff in here. Now we have a GAA thread of all things in there. Mods seem to move anything in there now.

Could we please stop getting peoples random scraps.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Why?

When a thread has descended into utter craziness that the ban hammer can't resolve. I personally think the Thunderdome is the best place for it.

Do you own the Thunderdome? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

togster wrote:
    What the hell is happening in the thunderdrome? People just seem to throw random stuff in here. Now we have a GAA thread of all things in there. Mods seem to move anything in there now.

Could we please stop getting peoples random scraps.

Thanks.

That's exactly what the thunderdome is for.

Oh right.
    Sorry;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yep, thats what its for alright. Nice to see it being made use of again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Pity they all see to descend into copies of 'The insult thread'.

The Dome used to serve a purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

There was what seemed to be quite a valid discussion on the Thunderdome and its perceived and actual purpose recently.

Unfortunately it seems to have fallen between two stools...

There was what seemed to be quite a valid discussion on the Thunderdome and its perceived and actual purpose recently.

Unfortunately it seems to have fallen between two stools...

Yeah i agree eith you there. Nothing has changed in the thunderdrome.

so change it. If not you, then whom? If not now, then when? If not...ah balls to this.

Yeah balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Unfortunately it seems as though the original point of the 'dome has been lost. On a thread I started recently in Feedback about the 'dome, one poster said that the point of the 'dome was 'the insults', clearly displaying total ignorance on the origins and original point. The Insults, is the point of "The Insult thread", not the point of the 'dome.

Following that thread I re-entered the dome to have a look around to see if anything had changed. It appears as though nothing has changed :( Every thread still has the regulars referring to each other as soggy biscuit eaters or lice-ridden sons of prostitutes or the somesuch.

If that's what the regulars want then sure, fine, grand, like, whatevah but it's only going to become even more tired, stale and boring than it is now! Some people did make an effort on teh "Least favourite Poster" thread before it began degenerating into the Insult thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

+1

I think the regulars of the 'Dome should be given a private forum to carry on as they have and the 'Dome should either return to its original incarnation or removed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So is the thunderdome being referred to as 'the dumping ground' after Degsy posted that picture. :D

LOL:p

Dam you! I LOL'd :mad:

yep, that's funny cause it's true. Degsy got banned for posting a picture of himself dropping a duke on his local golf course.

only some of that is true. But pass it on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

hehe

Lock.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement